Website Iron Ox
About the job
Iron Ox is reimagining the modern farm, utilizing robotics and AI to grow fresh, consistent, and responsibly farmed produce for everyone. Our experienced team of growers, plant scientists, engineers, and innovators are passionate about deeply understanding and developing this new wave of technology to feed an ever-growing population.
Our mission at Iron Ox is dedicated to addressing some of the most significant issues in food security, now and in the future. We’re focused on sustainable, scalable food production for a changing climate and an ever-growing population.
Iron Ox is looking for a Project Manager to join our team and help shape the future of agriculture. This position is for you if you geek out about organization, communication, and collaboration. You’ve worked with hardware and software engineers and are comfortable talking about technical details that impact project schedules and risks. You also enjoy getting your hands dirty by helping teams get through challenging tasks.
You’re personable and thrive in cross-team communication with sales, product, engineering, operations, marketing, plant science, and other disciplines that may be new to you. You’re strategic about where and when to add process and understand the inputs for deciding when to scale parts of a business or operation.
On the day-to-day, you will track and coordinate project risks, timelines, and resources for both agile and waterfall projects. You’ll spend your time working with fast-moving scrum teams while also making sure we start long lead time items on time to achieve our business goals. You’ll strategize with managers and team members on how and what we work on.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Align stakeholders and project owners on cross-functional dependencies and project goals
- Work with internal teams to define plans, requirements, and schedules
- Organize project planning, weekly meetings, reports, and presentations
- Drive day-to-day activities to meet project goals
- Establish and monitor project schedules and risks
- Manage, track, and prioritize bugs and general product improvements
- Improve processes to help identify and mitigate project issues and risks
- Clearly communicate project status, resource requirements, issues/blockers, and priorities
What You’ll Bring
- 3+ years of experience in project managing cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical engineering, science, or related field
- Great time management, organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter who has great attention to detail and a willingness to learn new subjects
- Agile experience managing software scrum teams
- Experience with hardware engineering development cycles
- Must be team-oriented and be able to lead productive multi-discipline meetings
- Experience with robotics, indoor farming, hydroponics, food handling a plus
- Interest in the farming, food, and robotics industries and love the fun of the startup environment and its culture
- Experience using JIRA and Confluence
What We Offer
- Iron Ox is a small startup with a big dream. You’ll be a part of a team founded on transparency, creativity, and impact on our mission to feed people
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity package
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
We are a mission-driven and well-funded startup, backed by the likes of YCombinator, Pathbreaker Ventures, and Crosslink Capital. We are headquartered in San Carlos, CA with our primary production greenhouse facility located in Gilroy, CA.
Iron Ox is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note: Iron Ox does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, including recruitment agencies and/or search firms. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Iron Ox employees, or any other company location. Any submittals without a prior signed agreement will become property of Iron Ox.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.