Website Local Urban Vegetables
In the words of Mark Bittman, “Everyone deserves food that is green, nutritious, affordable and fair.” Local Urban Vegetables (LUV) is a venture-backed AgTech startup working relentlessly to make this a reality for all people, everywhere. We’re seeking an experienced Project Manager to join us as we work to solve one of the biggest challenges facing humans worldwide – hunger.
We are hiring an experienced Project Manager to lead coordination and management of multi-disciplinary, highly technical projects from concept to prototype to commercialization. This role will work in a technical environment and span engineering, bioscience, advanced manufacturing and marketing teams. The ideal candidate has the ability to understand technical R&D concepts and bring order to complicated processes involving a variety of stakeholders. This is a key role for someone to be a major contributor in a fast-moving startup.
- 3-5 years experience as a “Project Manager” (by title, not generally speaking) managing multiple, complicated, technical projects.
- Strong comprehension of engineering and/or manufacturing concepts.
- Proficiency with a variety of project management software and processes.
- Willing and able to develop internal processes, evangelize them throughout the organization and manage their execution.
- Experience working with vendors in an effort to co-manage external relationships that are mission critical to internal projects.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in a hard science discipline such as chemistry, biology, etc. or engineering.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Medical, dental, vision and 401k
- Flexible work conditions
- Real chance to help change the world
Local Urban Vegetables (LUV) is an AgTech startup based in Los Angeles, where we’ve developed the first ultra-high yield vertical farming system. Our proprietary technology improves farming for growers across the entire farming lifecycle, from seed-to-harvest. Our whole farm systems enable ultra-high yield farming within any industrial warehouse, while our individual technologies such as root zone management systems, substrates and seed technology help traditional growers (soil, hydroponic, etc.) increase their yields, lower their costs and become more environmentally sustainable.
Our mission is enable affordable, fresh produce grown hyper-locally in a clean sustainable environment. For the past four years we have developed, engineered, and tested our patented, modular and scalable growing system. We are in the process of building a Showroom Farm in Los Angeles to showcase the capabilities and commercialize our core technologies. We are venture-backed, offer competitive salaries and exceptional benefits. If you want to be a part of an amazing team working to make the world a better place, join us.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.