About the job
The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. At AeroFarms, we are on a mission to do just this, growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity. As we scale to new locations around the world, we are seeking Production Worker AGL Loaders/Unloaders. Join us as we take vertical farming to new heights for the planet and people everywhere.
- An incredible ‘change-the-world’ company with the eyes of the world focused on our success.
- A team of motivated, intellectually curious individuals to support you.
- Backed by some seriously impressive firms including Goldman Sachs, Prudential, leading VCs, and strategic partners with a view on global expansion.
Under the direct supervision of farm management, Production AGL Loader/Unloader is responsible for following routine farm tasks according to AeroFarms’ Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Frequently lift/move hoses, equipment, chemical containers weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Assist in transporting heavy equipment with forklifts or other devices.
- Work 60 feet from ground loading, and unloading trays of leafy greens
- Wear employer-specified protective gear, including gloves, face/eye shields, aprons, boots, etc. some of which to be supplied by the employer).
- Exposure to chemical cleaning solution (with protective gear).
- Perform varying tasks while standing, lifting, bending, etc. during long periods.
- Perform all tasks safely and in a manner that will not create or pose a direct threat to the health and/or safety of the sanitation worker or any other person.
- Performs a variety of general and routine tasks with supervision.
- All team members will have basic knowledge of tasks needed to be complete.
- Functions as a utility team member.
- Rotational weekend work
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read, write, understand, and speak basic English
- 6 months – 2 years of experience working within a food production and/or warehousing environment
- Availability to work weekends is a must
- Ability to respect and maintain confidential information
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to lift, push, or pull up to 75lbs.
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.