At Bowery Farming, we dream of a world where agriculture gives back to the people and the planet more than it takes. But to achieve this, we need more than incremental change. We need to reimagine farming from the ground up. Every day, Bowery’s purpose-driven team works toward this mission. Right outside of cities, we build indoor farms that grow wildly flavorful produce that’s defiantly free from pollutants, all while using less finite resources like space and water. Our smart farms are powered by our proprietary farm operating system, BoweryOS, creating a simplified, agile food system that’s focused on flavor, freshness, and safety. At Bowery, we’re farming efficiently so we can feed effectively, democratizing access to fresh, local food in our communities.
About The Role:
Bowery Farming is seeking ambitious Production Team Leads who can learn quickly, thrive in a fast-paced & flexible environment, and who are willing to roll up their sleeves. Be a part of a team that produces locally grown fresh leafy greens and herbs from our indoor automated vertical farm in Baltimore, MD to our retail and restaurant customers in the local area! This is a hands-on job maintaining the taste, quality, and freshness of our produce and assisting in their daily care.
This position is full-time. Compensation is $16.75 per hour + company stock options.
What You’ll Do:
- Support and guide a team of farm operators to ensure that the farm stays on schedule, from seeding to harvest to packaging to cleaning, & delivery
- Maintain overall responsibility for the performance of the shift, including safety, quality, productivity, and delivery
- Maintain production areas to ensure compliance with company quality, sanitation, and food safety standards
- Provide a safe working environment by maintaining clean working environment, quality equipment and enforcing adherence to developed work practices
- Ensure employees have the right tools, knowledge, and equipment required to do their jobs effectively and safely
- Promote an environment of continuous improvement and commitment to quality
Who You Are:
- You have experience in greenhouse/farm or warehouse production team role with demonstrated ability to lead a team
- You are at least 18 years old
- You have obtained a high school diploma or equivalent
- You are passionate about sustainability and healthy food
- You have a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- You are capable of learning and leading strict food safety and sanitary standards
- You are flexible with changing work responsibilities
- You can work 4, 10-hour shifts (with breaks and lunch)
- You are able to commit to a consistent set of scheduled days, including holidays that land on your scheduled days (the farm operates seven days a week)
- You have a reliable form of transportation
- You are authorized to work in the US
- You are familiar with PC or Mac, and you are able to use a tablet or smartphone
- You are comfortable with Physical Requirements including:
- You can lift and move objects up to 49 pounds each
- You can stand for hours at a time
- You are capable of bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
Bowery’s headquarters is based in Manhattan. We have two farms in Kearny, New Jersey. One farm is focused on Research & Development, the other services retailers and community partners in the Tri-State area. Our third farm is located in Nottingham, Maryland, feeding the Mid-Atlantic region. Bowery Farming products are sold at hundreds of retailers, including Whole Foods Market, Giant Food, Stop & Shop, Walmart and specialty grocers, along with online partners like Amazon Fresh, Hungryroot, Peapod and restaurants, including Sweetgreen. Based in New York City, the company has raised over $172.5 million from leading investors, including Temasek, GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, and Henry Kravis, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including David Barber of Blue Hill, Tom Colicchio, and José Andres.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.