About the job
As a Certified B Corporation, AeroFarms is a mission-driven company with global headquarters in Newark, NJ, championing indoor vertical farming and fundamentally transforming agriculture. Recognized by Fast Company as one of the Worlds Most Innovative Companies and by Inc.com as one of the Top 25 Disruptive Companies in the World, AeroFarms is scaling to meet the demand for our fresh, locally grown produce that is setting new culinary standards and we need someone special who can bring their experience as a Production Supervisor to help us grow further. The Production Supervisor must be aligned with our mission and passionate about making a difference.
- An incredible change-the-world company with the eyes of the world focused on our success.
- A team of motivated, intellectually curious individuals to support you.
- Backed by some seriously impressive firms including Goldman Sachs, Prudential, leading VCs, and strategic partners with a view on global expansion.
Reporting to the Plant Manager and Plant Operations Manager, AeroFarms is looking for an experienced and talented individual to lead multiple aspects of production and staff operations at our new state-of-the-art facility in Newark, NJ. Working closely with the Operations Manager and another Production Supervisor, this position will be responsible for Product Quality, Product Yields, HACCP, Food Safety, to name a few.
In this role, you will work with cross-functional teams to ensure that long-range goals, strategies, plans, and policies are followed. The ideal candidate will be an energetic, forward-thinking, and creative individual with high standards and good judgment. In addition, our organization values individuals who can lead by example and keep the focus on a team-centered environment with shared success.
- Lead the start-up and operation of harvesting and packaging processes
- Manage all daily production operations such as:
- Drive and promote a safe culture
- Ensure all regulatory guidelines are being implemented and followed
- Continuous Improvement Knowledge is familiarization with Lean Principles
- Schedule operations to meet sales requirements
- Work closely with Planner
- Developing and maintaining processes for harvesting and packaging activities
- Staffing operations
- Proactively troubleshoot and problem solve
- Suggest and implement improvements to enhance efficiency, yield, and quality
- Ensure effective and ongoing compliance with:
- Food safety and HACCP
- Quality control procedures
- Ensure Quality of all products, and compliance with Product Specifications
- Recruit, train, mentor, and motivate the harvesting and packaging team
- Use data to recommend and implement process improvements that enhance operating efficiencies and quality
- Lead continuous improvement programs to improve operating efficiencies, increase learning and develop new skills
- Business Acumen
- 3 – 5 years of experience as a Production Supervisor or related role
- 3 – 5 years experience managing and/or supervising teams of 20+
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to manage change in a fast-paced growth environment with interdependent teams
- A demonstrated history of progressive team management success
- Ability to work hours between 7 am and 4 pm with rotating weekends (discussed during interview)
- Familiarity with Safe Quality Food (SQFR) desired
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work in temperatures 32-36 degrees
- Must be able to read, write, understand, and speak basic English (required)
- Bilingual English/Spanish desired, but not required
- Ability to lift, push, or pull up 75 lbs
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.