Website brightfarms BrightFarms
Job purpose / summary / objective
Responsible for day-to-day management and organizing workflow of a greenhouse production area by assigning responsibilities, assigning schedules, and leading and managing an hourly workforce.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Supervise Operations. The Production Supervisor will directly supervisor greenhouse operations and ensure high performance. Plan and execute the production schedule, providing supervision and direction to production leads. Allocate resources to ensure minimum downtime and completion of scheduled activities. Prioritize and manage workload to ensure assignments address goals and objectives.
- Cost. The Production Supervisor will be accountable to KPIs tied to labor expenses and other operating expenses. The Production Manager will understand that there is always room for improvement and lead our efforts to be a LEAN organization and will guide us through kaizen activities to improve system efficiencies.
- Food Safety. The Production Supervisor will be accountable for maintaining a neat, orderly, and safe greenhouse facility and operation. The Production Supervisor is also accountable for ensuring compliance on all food safety material, food safety best practices, as well as maintaining, monitoring, and verifying all food safety logs.
- Lead. The Production Supervisor will be responsible for assisting with the onboarding process of new hires, conducting reviews for associates, ensuring training of associates, and leading in a manner consistent with BrightFarms Leadership Philosophies.
- Greenhouse Management. As a member of the greenhouse leadership team, the Production Supervisor assist in planning and execution all aspects of the greenhouse management and provide labor and resources to assist as needed.
- Teamwork. Work closely with peers to develop good team working relationship and cross shift team relationships.
- Candidates should have 1-3 years’ experience directly working in food production.
- A preference will be given to candidates from organizations in perishable food business with a value-added function, such as cutting fruits/vegetables, processing fruits/vegetables, re-packing, etc. But we will consider candidates from any light manufacturing or complex distribution operation. We also look for candidates with basic to medium expertise in growing system in a protected environment.
- Proficiency with computer operations and programs such as Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), Access or other data tracking systems.
- Strong decision-making and troubleshooting skills and methods are essential.
- Bilingual, English and Spanish
- Food or agriculture industry experience
Key Values & Characteristics of Candidates:
- Authentically Green. Candidates must sincerely care about leading the movement to improve the environmental impact of the food supply chain. Candidates must be passionate about creating a healthier planet, environment and food supply. The background and experience of candidates should reflect a true passion for improving the way we feed Americans.
- Drive to Succeed. Candidates must have hunger and ambition and must get out of bed and want to strongly perform every day, internally motivated. Candidates must demand excellence and strive to achieve greatness. Candidates should have a high clock speed and imbue energy in those around them.
- Humility & Integrity. Candidates must have personal humility and must want the organization to succeed (not focusing solely on personal success). Candidates must care about people and clients and be strong team players. Candidates must possess the highest degree of integrity and must project the proper image of BrightFarms.
- Productive. Colleagues and clients should be quick to describe candidates as famous for getting things done.
All department leads and crew members
Working conditions / Environment / Travel / Schedule required
Office/Coolers/Warehouse/Greenhouse. Supervisor will have exposure to seasonal conditions which may range from extreme heat and humidity in the summer to cold in the winter. Often working near moving mechanical parts. There will be exposure to cleaning chemicals. The noise level of machines and cooling units can be loud. Time will be divided between field and office related work.
Minimal travel will be required.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are expected to sometimes use hands to finger, handle or feel. Frequently standing, walking, reaching with hands and arms, as well as stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing. The lifting requirements to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. The employee should have clear correctable vision at close and distance range, as well as peripheral vision to notice safety hazards.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.