Website gothamgreens Gotham Greens
Gotham Greens is seeking passionate, driven and hardworking individuals to fill positions as Production Assistants. Production Assistant positions are hands-on and require individuals who enjoy rolling up their sleeves and are accustomed to manual labor-intensive jobs. Prior experience in the natural and organic food industry a plus but not required.This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and organized individual to assume a position at a rapidly growing, innovative, disruptive company in the 21st century food system.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Assisting in the growth, harvesting and packing of leafy vegetables and herbs.
- Inspecting produce, arranging leaves, and preparing produce, for boxing, and proper cleaning & sanitation methods.
- Cleaning and Sanitation of Packhouse, Greenhouse, and Channel Washing.
- Assisting in loading products onto U-boats/pallets and loading them onto our trucks.
- Assisting in in the loading and unloading of Greenhouse and Packhouse supplies and materials.
- Handle leaves , look for bugs, and proper cleaning & sanitation methods
- Ensure proper hand washing and use of gloves, aprons, and hair nets.
- Ensure PH Packers maintain clean clothes, personal hygiene and good health (e.g. no coughing, etc.)
- Packers adherence to the Packhouse dress code and packing regulations, (e.g. no earphones, no hoods, footwear specifications, no food, drinks, etc.)
- Ensure clean work areas, bins, trays, scales, tables. No mobile phones or food on packing tables.
- Ensure that soiled or dropped leaves are not packed
- Ensure coolers are clean and temperatures are stable
- Inspect and weigh produce; discard leaves as necessary; ensure no bugs, damaged leaves,tip burned leaves or leaved dropped on floor enter package
- Monitor leaves for pests or pathogens and report to Greenhouse Supervisor
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand for a full 8 hour shift.
- Must be comfortable working in summer heat conditions and air-conditioned rooms.
- Must be able to work at a steady pace and must be detailed oriented.
- Must have a reliable form of transportation, train, bus, car,Etc.
- Open availability to work various work schedules including weekends.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK WEEKENDS.
The ideal candidate:
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Reliable and highly motivated with a creative flair and lively personality
- Passionate commitment to the company vision
- Appreciation to principles of sustainable agriculture and food
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.