Website Bowery Farming
About the job
At Bowery Farming, we dream of a world where agriculture gives back to the people and the planet more than it takes. But to achieve this, we need more than incremental change. We need to reimagine farming from the ground up. Every day, Bowery’s purpose-driven team works toward this mission. Right outside of cities, we build indoor farms that grow wildly flavorful produce that’s defiantly free from pollutants, all while using less finite resources like space and water. Our smart farms are powered by our proprietary farm operating system, BoweryOS, creating a simplified, agile food system that’s focused on flavor, freshness, and safety. At Bowery, we’re farming efficiently so we can feed effectively, democratizing access to fresh, local food in our communities.
About The Role
Product Managers at Bowery create technology strategy, steer our technology teams as they execute the plan, and manage the ongoing lifecycle of products we’ve deployed. The stakeholders are many and varied. Each need will require a well-formulated business case that comprehends effort, returned value, and the prioritization amongst competing interests. Well documented returns will drive the pace of investment for the BoweryOS team. The BoweryOS team spans the disciplines of software, hardware, analytics, and machine learning to provide solutions across the business. Our technology products are central to how Bowery operates and improves with focus areas in Automation, Agriculture, Commercial, and Work Management. Product Managers work cross-functionally alongside the BoweryOS team technology team to facilitate the strategy for creation and ongoing support of the Bowery Operating System and beyond.
What You’ll Do
- Working cross-functionally with engineering, data science, farm operations, farm development, agricultural science, marketing, finance and sales to determine function and priority of new and existing applications
- Develop methods and systems for rapid prototyping
- Lead iterative development of existing applications
- Engage directly with stakeholders on the ground in our production farms and R+D facilities
- Responsible for launch of new products which includes ensuring a smooth handoff and continued enablement of products to other teams within the company
- Own the intake process for requests and feature ideas related to BoweryOS development.
- Analyze and act on business metrics and data to grow the capabilities of our Farms and supporting operations.
Who You Are
- You have a keen product intuition and an empathetic design sensibility, with a strong desire to discover and fulfill the needs of who you build for.
- You are highly self-directed, excited by questions that do not have obvious answers, extremely observant, and insightful; they possess a strong product design sense and the motivation to continually iterate to build best-in-class products.
- You’re comfortable managing in all directions – up, across, and down
- You’re confident in taking ownership of projects from start to finish and enjoy the process of turning nebulous ideas into reality.
- You believe that teams succeed and fail together and take responsibility for ensuring the success and safety of your teammates.
- Hardware and Machine Learning product experience a plus
Bowery’s headquarters is based in Manhattan. We have two farms in Kearny, New Jersey. One farm is focused on Research & Development, the other services retailers and community partners in the Tri-State area. Our third farm is located in Nottingham, Maryland, feeding the Mid-Atlantic region. Bowery Farming products are sold at hundreds of retailers, including Whole Foods Market, Giant Food, Stop & Shop, Walmart and specialty grocers, along with online partners like Amazon Fresh, Hungryroot, Peapod and restaurants, including Sweetgreen. Based in New York City, the company has raised over $172.5 million from leading investors, including Temasek, GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, and Henry Kravis, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including David Barber of Blue Hill, Tom Colicchio, and José Andres.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.