Website IronOxFarms Iron Ox
About Iron Ox
Iron Ox is reimagining the modern farm, utilizing robotics and AI to grow fresh, consistent, and responsibly farmed produce for everyone.
Our experienced team of growers, plant scientists, engineers, and innovators are passionate about deeply understanding and developing this new wave of technology to feed an ever-growing population. We are a well funded, mission-driven startup scaling to meet demand.
Who We’re Looking for
We are looking for an experienced procurement specialist who will play an integral part of our expansion. You will be responsible for sourcing new suppliers, ensuring that the purchased materials meet specific technical specifications, negotiating purchase terms, and evaluating supplier performance.
In collaboration with the internal teams, you will drive supplier negotiations for best terms and pricing. As we grow, we expect this role to grow with new challenges and responsibilities that will enable us to scale and set us up for long term success.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business, Procurement or Supply Chain Management, or related discipline
- 2-3 years of experience working in procurement operations, preferably in startup environments
- Experience with Procurify and Bill.com
- Strong knowledge of the industry and market conditions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and rapport building
- Able to travel to meet vendors and suppliers as necessary
- Resourceful and willing to roll up your sleeves
- Create and maintain a strong professional relationship with vendors/suppliers
- Partner with external and internal stakeholders to ensure complete necessary vendor documentation, following existing procurement procedures
- Maintain records of purchase requisition approvals, contracts, pricing, renewal date, and other important procurement data
- Follow up with suppliers for confirmation of orders or change orders
- Validate PO, then help to create and track POs through the receipt processes ensuring accuracy and alignment at all points in the procurement cycle
- Manage contracts and license agreements to ensure that obligations are met and the process for tracking renewals of existing agreements is scalable
- Work closely with our Grow team to ensure inventory levels of consumables are maintained and drive cost saving initiatives
- Coordinate with internal teams on approval of POs, Invoices and contracts
- Ensure responsible procurement practices meet company objectives and compliance requirements
- Manage and maintain vendor databases in Procurify and Bill.com
- Manage existing suppliers and contribute to initiatives aimed at better financial and operational performance
- Maintain a reconciliation process between accounts payable and procurement
- Support Accounts payable function in processing bills and ensuring timely payments
- Coordinate shipments receiving and returns
- Iron Ox is a small startup with big dreams. You’ll be a part of a team founded on transparency, creativity, and impact on our mission to feed people
- We’re in the heart of San Carlos, walking distance to Caltrain and great restaurants
- We’re a tight-knit group that likes to work hard while also having fun with company outings and team events
- We offer medical, dental, and vision
Nice to have
- Experience working with international vendors & logistics
- Experience with robotics hardware
- At least 1 year of experience in tech
- Worked at a startup
Our Mission: Iron Ox is dedicated to addressing some of the most significant issues in food security, now and in the future. We’re focused on sustainable, scalable food production for a changing climate and an ever-growing population.
Our Company: Iron Ox is a well-funded startup, backed by Y Combinator, headquartered in San Carlos, CA. Our primary production greenhouse facility is located in Gilroy, CA.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.