About the job
The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. At AeroFarms, we are on a mission to do just this, growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity. As we scale to new locations around the world, we are seeking a Procurement Specialist to report to our Purchasing Manager. Join us as we take vertical farming to new heights for the planet and people everywhere.
- An incredible ‘change-the-world’ company with the eyes of the world focused on our success.
- A team of motivated, intellectually-curious individuals to support you.
- Backed by some seriously impressive firms like Goldman Sachs, Prudential, leading VCs, and strategic partners with a view on global expansion.
- Deliver the best total value matching price with schedule, quality, and service
- Ensure proper procurement processes, requirements, and procedures are followed to mitigate risk to the company
- Provide procurement expertise to engineering, operations, and other internal stakeholders
- Identify prospective suppliers for operations categories
- Work closely with operations to develop RFI’s (Requests for Information) and RFP’s (Requests for proposal)
- Analyze supplier RFI and RFP responses
- Negotiate service level agreements, pricing, terms, and conditions
- Process Purchase Orders
- Maintain necessary required vendor documents (electronic and physical) such as W-9’s, indemnities, tax exemption forms, etc.
- Provide timely and appropriate material availability information to internal stakeholders
- Resolve supplier and internal stakeholder issues ensure successful project delivery
- Independently manage multiple priorities, projects, and tasks
- Develop and maintain positive, productive, proactive relationships with a wide variety of suppliers and internal stakeholders, especially operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Purchasing, or related field or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years as a buyer or a related position
- MS Office, especially Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective time management, organizational and task prioritization skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.