About the job
The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. At AeroFarms, we are on a mission to do just this, growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity. As we scale to new locations around the world, we are seeking a Procurement Assistant. Join us as we take vertical farming to new heights for the planet and for people everywhere.
Head of Procurement
Based out of our Newark NJ HQ Corporate office. (currently remote, move to flex schedule TBC) – no relocation available, must be based in the area.
The Procurement Assistant will report to the Head of Procurement and will be responsible for working with various staff internally, contacting external suppliers/vendors to acquire quotes for goods and processing purchase orders.
- Generates Purchase Orders (PO’s)
- Communicates with stakeholders to understand requirements
- Communicates with suppliers to submit and follow-up on PO’s
- Track orders, from initial order to delivery
- Update internal databases with order details (dates, vendors, quantities, discounts)
- Maintain updated records of invoices and contracts
- Follow up with suppliers, as needed, to confirm or change orders
- Create a record of vendor evaluation on quality and delivery
- Direct report to the head of procurement with a dotted line reporting relationship to the senior manager of procurement and procurement specialist
Skills & Experience
- BS diploma, min. 3 years of experience in an administrative or clerical role
- BA/BS preferred.
- Experience supporting procurement and supply chain a huge plus
- Experience working in manufacturing/production type company a benefit (Food production even better)
- Experience supporting CAPEX projects also a plus – not essential
- MS office
- Strong communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Holds oneself to a high standard and expects that of others;
- Self-directed and proactive, but has the ability to take direction;
- Deliver under pressure and with changing deadlines flawlessly;
- Shares a passion for Food, Agriculture, the Environment, Sustainability and doing the right thing.
Benefits & Details
- Competitive base salary
- 401k with match
- Medical, dental, vision, active day 1
- Delicious leafy green to eat
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.