What You’ll Do:
- Lead the use of cost-effective new technology to help develop superior and improved genetics to help keep Bowery out in the forefront with the varieties consumers demand.
- Manage and fully utilize the grow space at our R&D Farm to maximize improved new potential varieties that come out of the breeding program.
- Maintain all aspects of existing and future seed stock. From pure line selections to bulking up, maintaining, and harvesting inventory of pure seed stock.
- Develop and maintain roadmaps for breeding to meet yield and quality targets.
- Responsible for finding additional breeding material to help make the breeding program a success.
- Investigate and make recommendations regarding new technologies in molecular breeding.
- Analyze and scientifically assess plant breeding in laboratory and field trials and select the best varieties.
- Maintain detailed records throughout the breeding and variety development cycle.
- Keep up to date in the fast-moving area of science and translate ideas from scientific literature into new approaches to breeding problems.
Who You Are:
- You have a strong background in plant breeding, quantitative genetics, experimental design, statistical analysis or data science
- You can work independently in a highly collaborative team environment
- You have a proven track record of impact from scientific research
- You are curious and innovative with the use of technologies in plant science
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.