BrightFarms Selinsgrove, PA greenhouse is looking to immediately hire 10-12 Full time green-collar workers that will be responsible for growing, harvesting and packaging our produce.
What’s exciting about these jobs? You will be working for a leading food company that’s changing the way Americans eat. We’re on a mission to provide more people with access to fresher, tastier and more responsibly grown local produce, and you will play an important role in making that happen. Employees will be trained to operate cutting-edge greenhouse technology. As more U.S. agricultural production moves into greenhouses, these jobs will provide workers with a valuable skill set to compete for jobs in the food sector.
We’re looking to fill:
Packaging Crew: Packing the greens in our refrigerated pack room and getting them ready to be shipped to supermarkets.
Pay: $13.00 per hour
Schedule: 4 – 10 hour shifts (7AM-530PM and 10AM-830PM)
· Incredible culture: You will be working for an organization that prioritizes its people first. We maintain a 5.0 rating on Glassdoor.
· Training, development & growth: You will acquire a new skill set in greenhouse food production and will be given the opportunity to advance and take on new roles. As we open more greenhouses in new markets around the U.S., there will be ample room to grow with the company.
· Excellent healthcare benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with generous match, holidays and time off, FREE short term disability, long term disability and life insurance and more!
COVID-19 considerations: Masks are required in addition to our normal PPE in our food handling environment.
Responsible for carrying out the labor required to complete the daily weighing and packaging plan of leafy greens in a safe and efficient manner. Adheres to food safety protocols in all aspects of job requirements. Follows supervisor’s instructions in adhering to standardized practices and achieving required results.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Adhere to all current SOP’s, procedures, inspections and quality requirements
2. Communicate with supervisor when irregularities with product or equipment occur
3. Fulfill daily harvest plan per supervisor’s instruction
4. Accurately record charts related to performed labor, inspection and results according to company and regulatory guidelines
5. Maintain a safe, clean, organized work area
6. Operate Hand Pallet Jack
7. Report food safety and quality problems to Supervisor, the SQF Practitioner or directly to Senior Management.
1. 0-1 years of experience in a production environment or related work experience
2. Food or agriculture industry experience preferred
3. On-going training in Food Safety and Sanitation
4. Ability to fulfill routine logs related to food safety and inspection reports
Coolers/Warehouse/Greenhouse. Employees will work mostly in cooler temperatures ranging between 35-55degrees. Employees will have some exposure to seasonal conditions which may range from extreme heat and humidity in the summer to cold in the winter. Often working near moving mechanical parts. There will be exposure to
cleaning chemicals. The noise level of machines and cooling units can be loud.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are expected to constantly use hands to finger, handle or feel, as well as talk and hear. There is frequent standing, walking, reaching with hands and arms, as well as stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing. The lifting requirements to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds, and on a rotating basis constantly lift up to 10 pounds. The employee should have clear correctable vision at close and distance range, as well as peripheral vision to notice safety hazards.
7:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Four (4) ten hour shifts with rotating days off
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.