As a Certified B Corporation, AeroFarms is a mission-driven indoor vertical farming company transforming agriculture with global headquarters in Newark, NJ. Recognized by Inc.com as one of the Top 25 Disruptive Companies in the World, AeroFarms is scaling quickly to meet the demand for our fresh, locally grown produce that is setting new culinary standards. We now need someone special who can apply their experience as a Packaging Technician to help us grow.
- Packing out leafy greens into appropriate containers using the specifications and standards as defined by quality.
- Sorting through products to get best quality or decide if poorer quality needs to be reviewed by the Quality Team.
- Operating scale and metal detector daily to obtain proper weights.
- Distinguishing between different packaging raw materials.
- Tracking quality losses and input into computer at EOD.
- Operating automatic packaging line.
- All other tasks assigned by your Supervisor
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience in food production helpful
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to read, write, understand, and speak basic English (required)
- Must be able to work in a cold environment (<40F) for long periods of time
- Availability to work weekends is a must
- Ability to respect and maintain confidential information
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to lift, push, or pull up to 30 lbs
- Must be able to drive electric forklift/pallet jack after training
- Must be able to work independently and within a team
- Must have time management skills to meet certain deadlines for shipping
- Must be detailed oriented and organized
- Must have good communication skills
- Must have good basic math skills
- Ability to use scales and computer
To apply for this job please visit aerofarms.applytojob.com.