Operations Coordinator, Quality
At Plenty, we’re on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that’s better for the planet.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do that. We are an ag-tech company looking for an Operations Coordinator, Quality to support our Operations team as we execute industry-leading Plant Science research.
As an Operations Coordinator, Quality, you will support our Operations team with daily execution of trial events and special projects as assigned.
What You’ll Do
- Own one or more operational programs or projects, which may include reporting on metrics, creating dashboards, developing or updating training programs, or assisting with other central services provided by the operations team.
- Draft and revise standard operating procedures and work with Operations managers to train others.
- Ensure the daily execution of trial events (seeding, transplanting, and harvesting among others), beginning-of-day checks, and end-of-day checks as assigned.
- Support Operations Managers with planning and scheduling as requested.
- Ensure the completion of daily checklists, safety, operations, and sanitation logs.
- Execute safety standards as directed.
- Learn how to conduct root cause analyses on successes and failures. Report items requiring root cause analysis to the Operations Manager.
- Serves as a team lead for small teams of 1-3 people.
What We’re Looking For
- 1+ years of prior experience in a related role
- Demonstrated past experience as a team lead with 1+ years of leadership experience
- Past experience in a research- or agriculture-oriented industry preferred but not required
- Past experience working with hydroponic equipment and sensors
- Past experience collecting data
- Familiarity with project and program management tools, such as Confluence, Smartsheets, Google Sheets, etc.
- Introductory knowledge of Plant Science and/or Controlled Environment Agriculture preferred
- Willingness to dive in wherever needed and attack new problems with enthusiasm
- Thirst for learning more about operations tools and techniques
- Other: Occasional travel (~10-20%) required and Weekend work required as scheduled
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.