About the job
The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. At AeroFarms, we are on a mission to do just this, growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity. As we scale to new locations around the world, we are seeking a New Farm Project Director. Join us as we take vertical farming to new heights for the planet and for people everywhere.
Chief Operating Officer
Timing & location
We have one active project that will be breaking ground Q2 2021 and we are looking to have the incumbent onboard ASAP to help with the pre-construction activities. Our corporate HQ is located in downtown Newark NJ where the role will be based out of primarily with frequent trips expected to site during the project phases.
As the New Farm Project Director you will be responsible for leading the implementation of all activities necessary to successfully prepare and execute the startup of new farms and the commercialization of all products at future AeroFarms growing and production sites.
The position will coordinate the preparation of all processes, end-to-end, to keep all
functional efforts synchronized during the construction, installation and commissioning of new farms. You will work closely and partner with Construction, Procurement, Operations, Engineering, IT, People Operations, Sales, Customer Logistics, R&D, FSQA, Marketing, and Finance and outside contractors to identify and align the required actions to put in
place the resources to grow, pack, and ship all the product in line with the business plan.
- Lead the alignment of all AeroFarms internal functions to successfully construct and commission new farms
- Coordinate construction and equipment installation processes and timelines to assure alignment around functional activities.
- Work with Procurement to secure the timely availability of capital equipment and direct materials such as seed and packaging materials in line with the ramp up schedule and the target product portfolio of the new farm
- Work with People Operations, Engineering and Operations on planning, securing and training the required personnel in line with the ramp up of the farm
- Work with Sales and Customer Logistics to plan and implement necessary warehousing and distribution resources depending on the future details of the sales plan
- Work with Finance, Engineering, Procurement and other functions to keep sight of the project budgeted cash flow
- Escalate any risks that emerge from any functional effort going out of sync with the overall schedule
- Build linkage between externally recruited new farms project management resources and internal functions
- Lead regular internal overall project management meetings and provide ongoing communication and updates
- BS or MS degree in Engineering or Business Degree
- Or 15+ years direct experience managing new construction projects in the $100m range
- PMP – Preferred but not required
- PE – Preferred but not required
Skills & Experience
- Excellent communication skills to interface with all functions and external resources on a high level
- Excellent project management skills – ideally in new plant construction
- Deep knowledge of end-to-end business processes in a consumer packaged goods/foods business
- Extensive leadership experience in bringing to market new products or product categories in a consumer packaged goods environment involving the creation of a new asset base to support the new business
- Good understanding of operational, manufacturing, financial metrics/KPI’s
- Knowledge of food manufacturing critical elements such as foods safety and food handling
- Alignment with the company mission
Benefits & Details
- Competitive base salary
- 401k with match
- Medical, dental, vision, active day 1
- Delicious leafy green to eat
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.