National Account Sales Manager
Website BoweryFarming Bowery Farming
At Bowery Farming, we dream of a world where agriculture gives back to the people and the planet more than it takes. But to achieve this, we need more than incremental change. We need to reimagine farming from the ground up. Every day, Bowery’s purpose-driven team works toward this mission. Right outside of cities, we build indoor farms that grow wildly flavorful produce that’s defiantly free from pollutants, all while using less finite resources like space and water. Our smart farms are powered by our proprietary farm operating system, BoweryOS, creating a simplified, agile food system that’s focused on flavor, freshness, and safety. At Bowery, we’re farming efficiently so we can feed effectively, democratizing access to fresh, local food in our communities.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Sales, The National Account Sales Manager will be responsible for delivering the growth and revenue sales plan for new and existing national retail accounts in a category that is poised for unprecedented growth with an organization that is revolutionizing the future of agriculture.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop, grow and foster collaborative relationships with existing retail grocery key accounts to expand distribution, increase sales and become a best in class supplier partner
- As new farms are built, expand distribution with existing key accounts and secure new national key accounts within the region
- Develop and deliver impactful customer presentations and business reviews to positively shape customer strategy and provide insights & solutions for profitable growth
- Support the management of all activities associated with assigned accounts; execute plans and programs to achieve maximum sales volume and operating profit objectives while controlling costs
- Own and manage the relationship with accounts at large retailers including Whole Foods, Weis, Giant, etc
- Support the cross-functional development of sales plans, strategies, objectives, policies, and procedures for the Bowery business
- Achieve established growth and profitability targets for assigned customers including P&L input
- Engage in analysis of sales data, product margins and program P&L’s and develop reports for costing strategy, financials, projections and shipped/pending orders
- Create, optimize, and maintain relationships with HQ and customers field management to include Sales team, Marketing, Farming Ops & Leadership team
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and project management skills
- Continue to expand knowledge of market and industry trends, competitors, and leading customer strategies
- Leverage solution and insights driven selling strategies to establish and leverage multi-unit customer relationships, accelerating sales growth
Who You Are:
- You have relevant years of experience in Key Account Management and Sales/Sales Strategy
- You are capable of selling produce or consumer products that have required cold chain management
- You are a master at owning Key Account P&L
- You are a pro at leading joint business planning and growth strategy
- You are capable of working and implementing retail contracts and high level negotiations
- You have a strong track record of winning and growing Commercial Chain Account business
- You have excellent selling and negotiation skills, written and verbal communication skills
- You demonstrate strong analytical skills with ability to think and lead strategically
- You are excellent with pricing, forecasting, sales deck presentations
- You know how to manage multiple projects against multiple deadlines
- You are enthusiastic for Bowery’s mission; A passion for improving our food system through the use of technology, and the ability to translate this passion into a compelling selling story
Bowery’s headquarters is based in Manhattan. We have two farms in Kearny, New Jersey. One farm is focused on Research & Development, the other services retailers and community partners in the Tri-State area. Our third farm is located in Nottingham, Maryland, feeding the Mid-Atlantic region. Bowery Farming products are sold at hundreds of retailers, including Whole Foods Market, Giant Food, Stop & Shop, Walmart and specialty grocers, along with online partners like Amazon Fresh, Hungryroot, Peapod and restaurants, including Sweetgreen. Based in New York City, the company has raised over $172.5 million from leading investors, including Temasek, GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, and Henry Kravis, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including David Barber of Blue Hill, Tom Colicchio, and José Andres.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.