About the job
Headquartered in Orlando, FL, Kalera is a science and technology-driven company dedicated to growing the very best possible produce; it is smart horticulture at its best. As the technology leaders in urban vertical farming, Kalera focuses on clean, safe, healthy, tasty greens and on the efficiencies of growing locally in controlled environments.
Founded in 2010, Kalera has, over several years, perfected unique hydroponic growing methods combining optimized nutrients and light recipes, precise environmental controls, and clean room standards to produce safe, highly nutritious, pesticide-free, non-GMO vegetables with consistent high quality and longer shelf life year-round. With indoor facilities situated right where the demand is, Kalera is able to supply an abundance of produce locally, eliminating the need for long distance shipping. This means Kalera can ensure the highest quality and freshness by delivering product to customers within hours of harvest year-round. Kalera’s plants grow while consuming 95% less water compared to field farming.
Kalera has recently opened a new state-of-the-art growing facility in Orlando, FL. With an annual output of over five million heads of lettuce per year, this new facility is the highest production volume vertical farm in the Southeast US. The rapidly constructed facility also demonstrates Kalera’s ability to quickly build and open farms around the US and internationally. Having recently announced new facilities in Atlanta and Houston to open in early 2021, Kalera has aggressive near-term expansion plans both domestically and internationally.
For more information please visit www.kalera.com , along with supplemental media coverage:
- Kalera film
- Global Newswire article – Kalera opens new vertical farming facility in Orlando
- Forbes article – farm of the future
- Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue Visits Kalera
- Orlando Sentinel Article
General Description / Primary Purpose
Assist in sales and marketing strategies for the achievement of volume and revenue goals by developing tools, sales collateral, and marketing research to support the Kalera go to market strategies. Responsible for administrative duties as they relate to volume forecasting, sales reporting, and general sales leadership requests.
Major Responsibilities And Tasks/Duties Of The Position
- Coordinate and support the development of communication tools and collateral to promote features, functionality, and services to both prospects and existing clients.
- Support the cross-sell of products and services to existing clients through development of marketing materials and campaigns.
- Become a client expert for marketing and communication efforts – understanding client segments, profiles, and motivators.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of how Kalera products compare to competition and market needs.
- Collaborate with production and sales teams, to align sales forecasts and demand with future production schedules and output.
- Follow up the purchase orders or orders placed with customers, so that the requested materials are delivered, to meet customer requirements.
- Participate and support customer events, trade shows, and all industry activities.
- Manage key relationships with distribution partners including marketing, orders, logistics, R&D, and pricing questions.
- Facilitate the sampling process with operations team and sales team.
- Possess strong project coordination skills.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skill And Experience Requirements)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Kalera’s products, customers and industry
- Analytical skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with strong attention to detail
- Planning and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Customer focus
Requires expanded knowledge of the industry, markets and marketing processes; broadens sales capabilities.
Is developing expertise of business, financials, products/services, the market, or account needs
Solves sales problems in straightforward situations; analyses possible solutions using sales experience, judgement and precedent.
No supervisory responsibilities but provides informal guidance to new team members
Impacts own sales quota and that of others; works within a defined territory or account list and to guidelines and policies
Interpersonal Skills/ Influence
Actively listens to customers and uses developed influencing skills to make the sale in a non-complex sales environment
Develops an understanding of the range of products/ services that the organization and its competitors sell and that assigned customers buy
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RELATIONS
Internal Sales personnel, production personnel, farm personnel and IT to meet requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Kalera, Inc. all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.