About the job
Position: Maintenance Technician
Department/Location: Atlanta Production Facility
Reports To: Maintenance Lead
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Headquartered in Orlando, FL, Kalera is a science and technology-driven company dedicated to growing the very best possible produce; it is smart horticulture at its best. As the technology leaders in urban vertical farming, Kalera focuses on clean, safe, healthy, tasty greens and on the efficiencies of growing locally in controlled environments.
Founded in 2010, Kalera has, over several years, perfected unique hydroponic growing methods combining optimized nutrients and light recipes, precise environmental controls, and clean room standards to produce safe, highly nutritious, pesticide-free, non-GMO vegetables with consistent high quality and longer shelf life year-round. With indoor facilities situated right where the demand is, Kalera is able to supply an abundance of produce locally, eliminating the need for long distance shipping. This means Kalera can ensure the highest quality and freshness by delivering product to customers within hours of harvest year-round. Kalera’s plants grow while consuming 95% less water compared to field farming.
Kalera has recently opened a new state-of-the-art growing facility in Orlando, FL. With an annual output of over five million heads of lettuce per year, this new facility is the highest production volume vertical farm in the Southeast US. The rapidly constructed facility also demonstrates Kalera’s ability to quickly build and open farms around the US and internationally. Having recently announced new facilities in Atlanta and Houston to open in early 2021, Kalera has aggressive near-term expansion plans both domestically and internationally.
For more information please visit www.kalera.com, along with supplemental media coverage:
· Kalera film
· Global Newswire article – Kalera opens new vertical farming facility in Orlando
· Forbes article – farm of the future
· Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue Visits Kalera
· Orlando Sentinel Article
Consider applying here, if you want to:
- Work in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment with a chance to make an impact.
- Develop lasting relationships with great people.
- Have the opportunity to build a satisfying career.
The Maintenance Technician reports to the Maintenance Lead.
The Maintenance Tech will work to sustain the operation of the hydroponic growing systems and upkeep/maintenance of the physical plant. Techs will address safety concerns, perform preventative maintenance, and communicate progress to their Team Lead. This position shares responsibility for improving the mechanical integrity and reliability of equipment as well as ensuring compliance of key safety systems. The Maintenance Lead is also responsible for providing direction to on-site Maintenance Team Members to maintain Kalera’s facilities and critical equipment.
· Serves existing facilities by completing work orders, following daily work schedules, and resolving problems
· Completes all assigned preventative maintenance per manufacturer and/or company standards
· Performs routine inspections of the Kalera’s facilities to identify and resolves issues
· Carries out installations and performs acceptance tests
· Supports internal customers by identifying solutions, trialing new methods and techniques, and recommending system improvements
· Ensures that utilities and facilities are maintained in proper and efficient working order. This includes electrical systems, HVAC, tanks, pumps, production equipment, etc.
· Ensures all work is performed in a timely manner
- Follows all plant safety rules including safe lifting practices and safe machine operation. Personal Protective Equipment is to be used where required.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and routinely lift up to 40 lbs.
· Other duties as assigned
· High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required
· 3+ years relevant work experience
· Plumbing experience preferred
· Experience working in a manufacturing environment & food/beverage experience is highly preferred
· Willingness to work a flexible schedule
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Kalera, Inc. all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.