Website LettUs Grow
About the job
An introduction to LettUs Grow
LettUs Grow is a fast-paced and environmentally conscious start-up based in the heart of Bristol. We design technology for indoor farms with the mission to reduce the waste and carbon footprint of fresh produce by enabling anyone, anywhere, to grow nutritious produce near its point of consumption.
Weve developed innovative hardware and software solutions that combine efficient aeroponic technology with data collection, automation and operational insights for the farmers and growers of the future. We are scaling quickly to meet the growing demand for this trailblazing technology.
With a team of open, caring and ambitious peers, working in a technically-challenging and impact-driven industry, this is somewhere to really make your mark on society and help feed the next generation.
An Introduction To The Role
As Maintenance Technician at LettUs Grow, you will be a crucial member of our farm delivery team, specifically focused on installing and maintaining LettUs Grow vertical farms. This is an entry level position for a hands on individual who wants to get stuck into all things vertical farm delivery.
You can expect to be delegated responsibility at an early stage and will have a real opportunity to progress as the company scales. This role is ideal for an optimistic, hard working and creative applicant who is keen to grow with an impact-led startup.
We look forward to welcoming you to our diverse team of horticulturists, growers, engineers, marketeers and operational experts, to design and build the next generation of indoor farming technology together.
Salary band: £23,000 – £28,000 per annum dependent upon experience alongside a benefits package designed to foster your personal and professional development.
March 8th, 2021
- Attend site visits to potential customers sites as well as existing customers farms.
- Assist in the installation and maintenance of new customer builds around the UK.
- Assist in the installation of DROP & GROW container farms.
- Provide general maintenance to our state of the art aeroponic research facility located in Bristol, UK.
- Facilitate research and development experiments and endeavors at our aeroponic research facility.
Who are you?
- Youre a positive and optimistic person with a can do attitude.
- Youre friendly, reliable and dependable. The team can always come to you for advice or assistance with a hands on/technical problem.
- You get satisfaction from doing your job well.
- Youre keen to learn and grow with an impact led start up.
- You fundamentally care about your peers, your work and the wider world.
- You don’t get disgruntled when solving tricky technical problems, in fact this is something you thoroughly enjoy.
- You enjoy hands on work and relish the opportunity to install vertical farms across the UK (with scope to install internationally too).
- You use your previous professional and life experiences to help you creatively solve technical challenges.
What You Need
- Experience with mechanical and/or electrical installations.
- Experience engaging with external stakeholders such as customers and contractors.
- A positive and optimistic attitude.
- Excellent communication skills with the capability to relay technical information to non technical stakeholders.
- Experience with electronics.
- Experience plumbing.
- Experience growing food or working in an agricultural setting.
The position is full-time , based in central Bristol and will benefit from training and external mentoring. Salary will be competitive to match experience, with the benefit of employee share options scheme.
LettUs Grow Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Living Wage Employer . We encourage individuals from all walks of life to apply for our positions regardless of sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, neurodiversity, and/or disability. At LettUs Grow we celebrate our differences and embrace what makes every human being unique.
LettUs Grow takes the safety of our employees very seriously and has implemented the necessary safety precautions in response to Covid-19. You will be given the necessary materials to work remotely as well as having access to our office, workshop and farm located in Bristol. This position will not be affected by any government issued lockdowns in response to the Coronavirus. LettUs Grow will not be using external recruitment agency support for this position.
About LettUs Grow
Everything we do is impact-driven. We want to make a substantial positive change, not just through our products, but also in how we operate as a team. We are ambitious, responsible and caring, and bring these core-values into everything we do. This is clear in the way we approach challenges: were ambitious enough to run into a fair few, responsible enough to address them with innovative solutions and caring in our approach to solving them as a team, for the good of our planet and all the people that inhabit it.
At LettUs Grow, we collaborate across teams so youll have the opportunity to work with our team of plant scientists and engineers or to speak at public events with our communications team.
You will be working from our open office where hotdesking is encouraged, within our world-class horticultural research facility and/or in our engineering workshops and production areas.
At LettUs Grow We Offer
- Flexible working hours. Whether your child’s ill, you’re waiting for a package or you have some deep-focussed work to do, we all need some time away from the office.
- A living wage in line with our salary framework.
- 25 days holiday a year (pro rata, plus UK public holidays), and we encourage you to use them all up! If you don’t, you can carry some over into next year.
- Training and professional development: training courses, resources and conferences that help you learn and grow in your role and for your future.
- A team of ambitious, open and impact-driven employees.
- A newly refurbished, open-plan office environment and cutting edge research facility, complete with skill-sharing workshops and a ping-pong table.
- The best coffee in town. We keep our team well fuelled with top notch coffee from a local supplier.
- A subscription to Blinkist with access to an online library of non fiction reading and audiobook material.
- Cycle to work scheme and an office bike repair station. Everything you need to keep you on the road from tools and parts to spare lights and a lock.
Want to know more about what its like to work at LettUs Grow? Visit our careers page to hear from some of our current staff.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.