Maintenance and Sanitation Technician
At Plenty, we’re on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that’s better for the planet.
Type of Role
Project-Based – 89 days
In this role, you will be a part of a dynamic team working to maintain the operation and sanitation of equipment and systems throughout the facility. If you are a proactive, organized, and operationally focused individual that thrives in a fast-paced environment, you’ve found the right place!
What You’ll Do
- Follow preventive maintenance, and Sanitation procedures on all plant and farm equipment in a timely and thorough manner.
- Maintain the Sanitation of a variety of farms, offices, and research environments. This includes the daily Maintenance of the farms, and the deep cleaning of the farms in between trials.
- Inspect the irrigation systems, and the plant health, on a daily basis. This involves knowing how to solve any problems that may be harming a trial, and/or plant health.
- Partner with the Researchers to ensure that their farms and trials are being maintained to their specifications.
- Stay current with the changing nature of trials. Flexibly respond to the changes in trials and trial dates as listed in the project tracker.
- Receive training in the proper handling and use of the Pesticides that we use to control plant Pathogens. Follow, on a scheduled basis, the use of these Pesticides to prevent and eliminate the spread of pathogens. Support the location IPM program as trained and requested.
- Troubleshoot and perform diagnostics on damaged or malfunctioning equipment; make repairs where necessary or recommend to the Facilities Supervisor or Maintenance Supervisor to arrange for outside vendor to service equipment
- Respond to facility emergency situations
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and company directives as relates to building operations and practice safe work habits.
- Comply with all documentation requirements for Pesticide Handlers. Receive certification and training for the use of chemicals.
- Provide support for Installation projects. Understand how to build our farms autonomously, if needed.
- At a senior level, works autonomously to achieve the weekly or longer-term goals assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor.
What We’re Looking For
- Strong understanding of the proper functioning of Plenty vertical and NFT farms. Ability to diagnose and repair malfunctioning farms.
- Ability to accurately follow operation manuals, manufacturing and installation instructions.
- Ability to understand SDS sheets, and follow the instructions for proper handling of chemicals.
- Shift assignment can be discussed. However, must be willing to work evening and weekend shifts on occasion or rotating basis, able to work flexible hours and handle high volume harvest and Sanitation days.
- Responsible, flexible, fast learner that has the ability to be a self-starter with a willingness to take on new things.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and consistently meet deadlines.
- Able to successfully keep multiple tasks running simultaneously, with strong analytical skills.
- Able to provide constructive feedback and creative solutions to problems.
- Physically able to unpack, pack, lift, and transport boxed items weighing up to 50 pounds, occasionally lift and move 50+ lbs with assistance
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.