About the job
In 2030, an estimated 5 billion people will be living in cities. The enormous increase in the urban population raises an important question: how to provide 5 billion people with fresh and healthy food while simultaneously contributing to a better and more sustainable world in a very short period of time?
In short: we need break-through technological solutions. We need you as soon as possible!
With GrwNxt our goal is to create a fresh food infrastructure in megacities, promising both food safety and security. Fresh food production in cities, tailored to local preferences, 365 days a year. GrwNxt is a start-up Food Tech company based in Amsterdam consisting of a small team of highly experienced professionals. There are multiple data scientists, and you will work autonomously as a software developer in the team. You will be brought up to speed by our software developer and we are actively looking to build a development team.
GrwNxt is the perfect opportunity to familiarize with the newest concept within Indoor Farming and you will play a big part in all the generated data and the first testing phase of the concept.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Building IoT devices, writing Arduino code and connecting to the IoT network
- Writing code to receive, handle and store all incoming data from the IoT devices
- Managing and possibly repairing IoT devices and checking for software errors
What you will work with:
- C#/.NET (for data handling)
- C/C++/Python (for IoT devices)
- Arduino/Raspberry Pi
- Keen interest in software engineering and a passion for coding
- Strong growth mindset and eager to learn
- Not afraid to build and solder IoT devices
- Preferably some experience with Arduino/Raspberry Pi
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.