Website Bowery Farming
About the job
At Bowery Farming, we dream of a world where agriculture gives back to the people and the planet more than it takes. But to achieve this, we need more than incremental change. We need to reimagine farming from the ground up. Every day, Bowery’s purpose-driven team works toward this mission. Right outside of cities, we build indoor farms that grow wildly flavorful produce that’s defiantly free from pollutants, all while using less finite resources like space and water. Our smart farms are powered by our proprietary farm operating system, BoweryOS, creating a simplified, agile food system that’s focused on flavor, freshness, and safety. At Bowery, we’re farming efficiently so we can feed effectively, democratizing access to fresh, local food in our communities.
About The Role
Reporting directly to the CFO, the Head of Corporate Finance will have the opportunity to own the Bowery Farming Corporate Finance function and make a significant impact at a rapidly expanding startup growing food for a better future. The finance team is deeply ingrained in all the functional areas of Bowery and partners heavily with cross-functional leaders. In this role, you will work closely with the senior leadership team and drive Bowery’s sustainability and growth mission
What You’ll Do
- Source and develop an expanding set of lender relationships, including with banks, capital lease lenders, and other sources of credit-based capital
- Develop capital markets relationships with Wall Street and create innovative debt capital markets solutions to help fund Bowery’s rapid expansion
- Source capital from an emerging set of ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) funds
- Lead all financial functions in support of Bowery’s strategic partnerships and M&A activities
- Own and drive a major portion of Bowery’s sustainability mission, including managing the company’s portfolio of power sourcing agreements in order to play a major role in balancing the financial risk and environmental impact objectives of the company
Who You Are
- You have relevant years of experience in Corporate Finance/Investment Banking with a deep knowledge of structured finance, especially in project and alternative energy finance
- You are an outstanding relationship builder and a trusted voice with a strong executive presence
- You have existing relationships with lending partners
- You demonstrate a strong entrepreneurial spirit with excellent communication skills and the ability to roll up your sleeves and join a fast moving, collaborative team
- You are capable of project management with the ability to manage multiple projects at once
Bowery’s headquarters is based in Manhattan. We have two farms in Kearny, New Jersey. One farm is focused on Research & Development, the other services retailers and community partners in the Tri-State area. Our third farm is located in Nottingham, Maryland, feeding the Mid-Atlantic region. Bowery Farming products are sold at hundreds of retailers, including Whole Foods Market, Giant Food, Stop & Shop, Walmart and specialty grocers, along with online partners like Amazon Fresh, Hungryroot, Peapod and restaurants, including Sweetgreen. Based in New York City, the company has raised over $172.5 million from leading investors, including Temasek, GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, and Henry Kravis, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including David Barber of Blue Hill, Tom Colicchio, and José Andres.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.