Kalera is a science and technology-driven company dedicated to growing the very best possible produce; it is smart horticulture at its best. As the technology leaders in vertical farming, Kalera focuses on clean, safe, healthy, tasty leafy greens and on the efficiencies of growing locally in controlled environments.
Founded in 2010, Kalera has, over several years, perfected unique hydroponic growing methods combining optimized nutrients and light recipes, precise environmental controls, and clean room standards to produce safe, highly nutritious, pesticide-free, non-GMO vegetables with consistent high quality and longer shelf life year-round. With indoor facilities situated right where the demand is, Kalera is able to supply an abundance of produce locally, eliminating the need for long-distance shipping. This means Kalera can ensure the highest quality and freshness by delivering products to customers within hours of harvest year-round. Kalera’s plants grow while consuming 95% less water compared to field farming.
We’re hiring for a Head Grower for our new Atlanta, GA location. In this role, you get to enjoy focusing on plant nutrition, climate monitoring, crop scouting, plant propagation, data analysis, etc. You are responsible for monitoring, adjusting, and maintaining parameters to ensure crop quality and yield. You would be leading 6-8 grower techs focused on scouting, petiole and water sampling. Enjoy focusing on crop health and interacting with the Assistant Operations Manager who will focus on the production, harvest and packaging.
Although hydroponic experience is great to bring to this role, we are highly open to other indoor grow experience where you bring the nutrient and IPM management.
- Responsible for the management and monitoring of all horticulture process parameters and inputs including but not limited to nutrient management, irrigation activities, climate management, light recipes, etc.
- Oversee facility IPM strategies including exclusion, crop monitoring, record keeping, preventative measures, and additional methods of control
- Monitor and ensure proper functioning of critical horticulture equipment including sensitive analytical instruments, data management tools and controls
- Develop and adhere to standard operating procedures and quality standards to ensure crop success
- Train, evaluate and supervise all personnel related to horticulture processes and tasks
- Ensure the safe handling, inventory and maintenance of fertilizer chemicals and crop inputs
- Ensure that the facility is operating and producing product that meets food safety and quality standards
- Enforce strict Good Manufacturing Practices, Sanitation and Safety Standards
- Other duties as assigned
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.