About the job
The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. At AeroFarms, we are on a mission to do just this, growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity. As we scale to new locations around the world, we are seeking a Grower to join our R&D team as we take vertical farming to new heights for the planet and people everywhere.
- An incredible ‘change-the-world’ company with the eyes of the world focused on our success
- A team of motivated, intellectually curious individuals to support you
- The backing of some very impressive firms like Goldman Sachs, IKEA, Prudential, and other leading venture funds.
In this role, you will join an experienced team of scientists and will work cross-functionally to ensure the success of long-range goals and strategies. The successful candidate will have experience growing plants in a research, pilot, and production environment. You may also have education in plant biology or a related field. The ideal candidate will be passionate about horticulture and will share our values around the highest experimental. They will be energetic, forward-thinking, and creative individual with high standards and good judgment. In addition, our organization values individuals who can lead by example and keep focus in a team-centered environment.
- Work collaboratively with a team of Senior Scientist conducting experiments to improve growing systems and to characterize plant responses in controlled environments
- Serve as a subject matter expert to project tactical teams
- Provide input on experimental design and growing equipment requirements
- Report findings internally in a collaborative environment
- Manage and maintain analytical equipment and growing systems
- Remain up to date on the latest developments in indoor agriculture
- Work collaboratively with research assistants and technicians to achieve project goals
- BS and/or MS degree in Horticulture, Plant Sciences, Plant Physiology or a closely related discipline, or a combination of education and experience
- Experience working in horticulture, plant science, or agronomy research (student research counts as experience)
- A demonstrated knowledge and experience with operating controlled environment agriculture systems
- Experience with the characterization of plants, including imaging, phenotyping, chemical analysis, and/or objective measurements of taste and texture
- Knowledge of plant growth, disease prevention, and pest remediation, and IPM principles
- Experience working with engineers or software developers on prototyping equipment/tools
- Experience growing small fruit crops such as berries and leafy greens
- Experience with food safety and HACCP protocols
- Aptitude with statistical analysis software and/or programming
- A great story around your unique calling to feed the world
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.