Georgia, Vertical Farming Specialist
ACDI/VOCA is currently seeking a Vertical Farming Specialist for an upcoming volunteer assignment in the Republic of Georgia. Local farmers are requesting volunteer assistance to train on best practices of indoor vertical farming. The host grows leafy greens, basil, mint, tarragon, swiss chard, buttercrunch, baby greens and edible flowers. The selected volunteer will address topics such as temperature, humidity, carbon dioxide and light among others.
Due to the current pandemic, all international travel has been cancelled for the foreseeable future. Therefore, the selected volunteer from the USA will work remotely and in collaboration with a local volunteer who can provide hands on training to the host participants. The anticipated time commitment is 1 week for the US volunteer and 2 weeks for the local volunteer.
- University degree in Hydroponics, Plant Science or some other related topic.
- At least 5-10 years of experience farming indoors.
- Experience growing crops vertically.
- Experience providing training to small groups.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Word and Excel.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.