We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings.
- Location: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category:
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Gender Integration Specialist, Ghana
ACDI/VOCA is seeking an experienced Gender Integration Specialist for upcoming USAID funded agriculture and agribusiness activities in Ghana .
- Lead development and implementation of an evidence-based gender equity and women’s empowerment strategy and work plan
- Work with Technical Leads to ensure that activities are designed and implemented in accordance to the program’s gender equity and women’s empowerment strategy and address gender- and other inclusion-specific considerations, needs, and gaps
- Provide technical guidance and oversight to program activities to incorporate gender transformative approaches resulting in, for example, equitable decision-making, growth of women-led enterprises, improved market inclusion, control over income, increased leadership, increased land access, male engagement
- Lead and/or support gender and social inclusion analyses, including integration of gender and social inclusion considerations in other planned studies
- Provide technical guidance and training to staff and partners related to gender, women’s empowerment, and social inclusion
- Work with the relevant team members to undertake gender and social inclusion capacity assessments of local partner organizations and develop and implement appropriate institutional strengthening initiatives
- Support the M&E Lead to plan the collection, analysis, and reporting of relevant data, including collection of sex- and age-disaggregated data (SADD) and gender indicators. Ensure that gender and social inclusion outcomes are captured and shared
- Write, coordinate, and disseminate lessons learned among team and program partners
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in gender studies, international development, sociology, or relevant field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum seven years of prior work experience in international development, preferably in an agricultural context, working on gender and social inclusion integration.
- In-depth knowledge of gender and social inclusion considerations (constraints and opportunities) in agriculture sector in Ghana.
- Experience with USAID and/or any other international donor funded project is preferred.
- Experience with USAID gender frameworks (e.g., GIF) and analytical tools (e.g., WEAI) is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with qualitative research methods, including gender analysis, strategy development, gender sensitive work plans.
- Knowledge of do no harm, women’s empowerment, and positive youth development frameworks and approaches is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience advising on gender-sensitive monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities preferred.
- Experience with agribusiness and market development is preferred.
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills in English.
Don’t Keep! Share:
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.