About the job
As a Certified B Corporation, AeroFarms is a mission-driven indoor vertical farming company transforming agriculture with global headquarters in Newark, NJ. Recognized by Inc.com as one of the Top 25 Disruptive Companies in the World, AeroFarms is scaling quickly to meet the demand for our fresh, locally grown produce that is setting new culinary standards.
- An incredible ‘change-the-world’ company with the eyes of the world focused on our success.
- A team of motivated, intellectually curious individuals to support you.
- The backing of some seriously impressive firms including Goldman Sachs, Prudential, and other leading investors.
- AeroFarms recently announced its intention to go public via merger with a SPAC and is seeking an FP&A Manager for our expanding team.
- FP&A Manager will work across the company to enhance financial planning and analysis to drive key business decisions, integrate and execute new projects, and support public company reporting requirements.
- FP&A Manager will report to Director of Corporate Development, who leads Financial Modeling Group responsible for all economic analysis relating to new business development as well as FP&A activities.
- 5+ years working in FP&A role for a growth stage company with :$10-100 million of revenue, and/or strong background in investment banking, private equity or similar role rooted in corporate finance and familiar with public company reporting.
- FP&A Manager will work closely with hiring manager (above), as well as with CFO, Controller/VP of Finance, Financial Analysts, and organizational leaders such as department heads.
- Day-to-day activities will be a mix of “hands on” primary work and cross-functional collaborations.
- The desire to “roll up ones sleeves” is essential; the FP&A Manager is expected to do analyst-level work and to provide manager-level insights and project leadership.
- Expected to develop clarity from multiple sources of information, ultimately presenting clear business insights to various stakeholders.
- Must have a passion for technology and sustainability.
- Experience with CPG, manufacturing, technology, and/or energy sectors is encouraged but not required.
- Unique opportunity to take a high-growth company to the next level; the FP&A Manager will have great exposure and hands-on strategic experience as AeroFarms transitions to the public markets. The role will be instrumental in both developing and executing the models/tools and systems/processes to scale the business from its current footprint in Newark, NJ, to a global platform as the leader in controlled-environment agriculture (CEA).
- Advanced Excel: mastery of three-statement modeling, and the ability to scrutinize underlying assumptions and understand their implications against future results
- Accounting degree/certification is not required, but helpful; financial acumen is a must
- Advanced PowerPoint: ideal candidate will be geared toward story-driven presentations with quality supporting data, and will have the ability to summarize key conclusions for each intended audience
- Proven ability to work independently as well as lead discussions with multiple functional areas
- Collaborative leader who can cultivate the relationship between decisions and outcomes, balance different points of view, and reach well-thought conclusions
- Works well in a fast-paced environment; able to adapt to shifting priorities while keeping an eye toward the bigger picture and strategic goals
- Balances long-term projects with quick deliverables supporting day-to-day business needs
- Exceptional communication skills
- Driven by numbers, data, objectives and key results
- Self-motivated and highly productive
- Creative thinker excited by the “whitespace” opportunity of joining a high-growth company transitioning to the public markets
- Lead company financial reporting packages for internal audiences (Company Leadership, and Board) and external audience (public markets)
- Lead collaborative financial projections with department leaders; develop and manage annual budget process; subsequently, track actual results vs. budgets and articulate key variances (a root-cause diagnosis, from the “bottom” level of individual projects to the “top” level of the consolidated company)
- Work with CFO and Director to develop MD&A and quarterly earnings scripts
- Emphasis will be placed on articulating how Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) relate to actual results, in order to help business leaders make informed decisions
- Develop new tools and robust analytics to enhance business insights around KPIs/metrics, including dashboards and summary reports
- From a financial perspective, own the transition of new projects from the “business development” phase (more geared around high-level financial models) to the “operational” phase (more geared to specific budgets for company cash management and financial results)
- Support broader investor relations activities by partnering with the Accounting team to ensure timely, accurate forecasts are created in support of audit, financings, and public company filings
- Support business process changes, e.g., implementation of new ERP system (led by a partnering function of the organization, and where FP&A integration will be critical)
- Willing to work weekends if needed; should anticipate several big milestones per year including quarterly Board meetings/earnings releases and annual budget process; candidate is expected to manage their time effectively and can balance their life schedule and priorities through strong communication skills
- Experience with managing direct reports is not required but will be taken into consideration; the FP&A Manager will not have direct reports immediately upon hiring, however may be considered as the team continues to grow
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.