About the job
The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. As a Certified B Corporation, AeroFarms is on a mission to do just this, growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity. In scaling to new locations around the world, we are seeking a Food Safety & Quality Assurance Director to help us grow. Join us as we take vertical farming to new heights for the planet and people everywhere.
- An incredible ‘change-the-world’ company with the eyes of the world focused on our success.
- A team of motivated, intellectually curious individuals to support you.
- The backing of some very impressive firms like Goldman Sachs, IKEA, Prudential, and other leading venture funds.
The Food Safety & Quality Assurance Director is responsible for the implementation and execution of the AeroFarms Safety & Quality System at the warehouse/farm in Newark, NJ. The Food Safety & Quality Assurance Director serves as a quality-control agent in food packaging/processing operations. This position controls all products and processes in the plant and corporate, through strict adherence to policies, specifications, and standards. It utilizes methods, tools, and procedures to deliver zero defects from incoming raw materials to outgoing finished goods in a food-safe environment.
- Lead and deliver all food safety programs, strategies, and policies within the organization
- Ensure the handling, production, and delivery of safe food, including food safety management based on HACCP systems, regulatory compliance, sanitation standards and procedures, environmental monitoring, training, crisis management, food safety policies and procedures, food plant design and construction, microbial interventions, microbiological testing, and new products development
- Develop and lead the implementation of appropriate strategies, policies, and objectives that drive and monitor continuous improvement and regulatory compliance
- Lead the organization concerning the quality and safety of products and the food processing environment in which many different items are prepared according to different processes
- Ensure food safety departmental requirements are built into key cross-functional processes from concept through commercialization
- Direct the quality and product safety components for all food safety-driven projects through quality planning, specifications development, and project oversight
- Perform and document assigned investigations (e.g. audits, product complaints, and discrepancies in production) and propose appropriate corrective preventative actions for associated issues and events relating to food safety
- Represent food safety to all business teams and serve as a conduit for information
- Lead the Quality Systems Program to define standards for the supply chain and broader organization
- Plan and implement external audits of suppliers, vendors, manufacturers, and service providers to identify non-conformances, assess and report the level of compliance to regulatory and quality requirements, and ensure implementation of appropriate corrective and preventive action
- Manage a team to ensure skills development and certification, resource planning, and FSQA project execution especially, management training and the on-going maintenance of a learning environment
- Represent the company inappropriate industry and professional organizations
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Microbiology, or other relevant degrees and substantial experience in Quality and Food Safety as a minimum. A Masters Degree is highly desirable
- Understanding of Food Hygiene and Food Safety Legislation
- 8-10 years experience within Food Industries;
- Proficient in MS Office; Including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to write clearly and informatively.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with minimal supervision (self-motivated).
- Excellent attention to detail. Problem analysis and problem resolution.
- Master’s degree or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
- HAACP Certification is desired
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.