As a Certified B Corporation, AeroFarms is a mission-driven indoor vertical farming company transforming agriculture with global headquarters in Newark, NJ. Recognized by Inc.com as one of the Top 25 Disruptive Companies in the World, AeroFarms is scaling quickly to meet the demand for our fresh, locally grown produce that is setting new culinary standards. We now need someone special who can apply their experience as a Financial Manager – Strategic Partnerships to help us grow.
- An incredible ‘change-the-world’ company with the eyes of the world focused on our success
- A team of motivated, intellectually curious individuals to support you
- The backing of some seriously impressive firms including Goldman Sachs, IKEA, Prudential, and other leading venture funds.
The Financial Manager – Strategic Partnerships is responsible for financial management and oversight of sponsored research projects. This role is part of the Finance organization and will work closely with the Strategic Partnerships team to ensure partner projects are structured and executed to agreed-up standards of financial success.
The successful highly organized, detail oriented, and has experience managing project financials where work for a sponsoring partner is tracked against a budget. Also relevant is an understanding of accounting concepts, advanced Excel abilities, and experience communicating financial status to executive leadership. This is a highly collaborative role that actively holds Strategic Partnership projects to successful budgetary completion.
- Work with Finance and Strategic Partnership Project Managers to establish and maintain project budgeting and financial tracking mechanisms
- Establish and continuously improve tools and processes for project financial management and reporting
- Lead bottoms-up project revenue and expense forecasting / re-forecasting
- Lead project financial reporting for senior leadership, such as actual expenditure vs. budget
- Ensure adherence to project budgets and contract requirements
- Accurately assess risks
- 3-5 years responsible for project budgets and financials
- Bachelor’s degree minimum
- Working understanding of GAAP financial accounting rules
- Experience setting up and operating systems to monitor project financials
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel capabilities and ability to manipulate data
- Experience developing executive level presentations
- Demonstrated ability to present meaningful metrics of project financial progress
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks effectively with strong attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving
- Resourceful team player with the ability to be effective independently in a rapidly changing environment
You may also have:
- Industry experience in Agriculture/AgTech
- Experience with R&D projects
- Tracking against government or university grant programs
Computer Skills: Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, proficiency in Microsoft Word
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to lift to 10 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
To apply for this job please visit aerofarms.applytojob.com.