About the job
Company Description: Growlink is a leading provider of data driven farm automation and networking systems for greenhouse and indoor vertical farming. Growlink builds tightly integrated hardware and software to power the future of farming. Agriculture technology, Agtech, is changing the way farmers work, using data, the Internet of Things, and Artificial Intelligence. Our mission is to make these innovations easier and more accessible to create a future with greater opportunity and sustainability. Growlink is focused on building an employee focused company that provides great products and services to our clients. You can visit us at growlink.com.
A Field Technician and Support Engineer is an important role at Growlink. Our Production, Installation and Client Success Teams work together to insure our clients are completely satisfied. The job includes traveling to customer sites to install our products in their greenhouses or indoor grow rooms and integrate them with existing systems. Required skills include low-voltage wiring, basic plumbing and wireless networking. We will train thoroughly on our hardware and software products. Field Technicians must be mobile device and computer savvy for programming and training customers on how to use our platform.
Position involves a travel as well as office time for production support and technical support. Applicants must be available to travel throughout the US and Canada. (Passport is required.) Typical installs take one to three days.
APPLICANTS SHOULD BE FAMILIAR WITH EITHER INDOOR AGRICULTURE/GREENHOUSES OR THE CANNABIS CULTIVATION INDUSTRY. They should be extremely organized, friendly with customers and motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment. They must be willing to troubleshoot job site issues, problem solve on the fly, and remain calm under pressure. Our solutions are custom and every job has different challenges to overcome. They will be the public face of our company and must maintain a professional appearance and have a great attitude.
The Support Engineer portion of the job derives naturally from the Field Technician skill set and is an integral part of our Client Success team. When not in the field our technicians rotate through the Client Support queue to help resolve support tickets and client inquiries. We are fanatical about supporting our clients and all employees play a role in providing support.
Additionally, aesthetics are as important as functionality with our products. Our customers are proud to have our systems in their facilities and they must be cleanly and professionally installed. Wiring and plumbing should both work well and be pleasing to look at. (Please provide photos of wiring jobs you have performed.)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Travel to clients’ sites to install Growlink hardware and software
· Build relationships with client employees and contractors to provision our product
· Work quickly, efficiently and accurately to assure a successful installation
· Troubleshooting issues as they arise
· Professionalism in every activity
· Proactively communicate information across all internal and external partners.
· Update Growlink Systems (Hubspot, MS Teams, Knowledge Base) daily
· Answer client support calls, emails and tickets quickly and thoroughly
· Collaborate with Production, Install and Client Success teams
· Proven experience installing agricultural and/or cannabis grow systems and technologies
· Track record of satisfied client engagements
· Experience working with MS Teams, Hubspot, Ladder Drawings, and CAD Drawings.
· Computer competency – MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
· Strong communication, social intelligence and interpersonal skills. Phone, Email, Text, Video.
· Self motivated and driven
· BA/BS degree or equivalent. Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering are pluses
· Travel 25-50%
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.