Farm Operations Associate
At Plenty, we’re on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that’s better for the planet.
Plenty is seeking several Farm Operations Associates who will assist in all aspects of indoor farming, and food processing. Your skills and training will be applied to plant production in a modern, fast paced, high-technology hydroponic farm.You will be involved with our efforts aimed at optimizing all aspects of locally grown and packaged commercial produce using hydroponic indoor farming. Your role will include routine activities across a variety of stations, including plant handling, harvesting, farm operations information monitoring and collection of environmental and production data.
What You’ll Do
- This will be a hands-on role where you will be seeding, transplanting, and harvesting crops
- Perform routine end of shift daily cleaning of the farm, farm equipment and work area
- Assist in a broad range of farm operations activities including but not limited to plant monitoring, data collection, inspecting for proper climate operations
- Lead with proper use of personal protection equipment, workforce safety and food safety practices.
What We’re Looking For
- Ability to practice safe work habits in a food safe work environment at all times
- Self-starter, gets involved quickly, takes on difficult tasks with enthusiasm. Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required
- Maintains high activity/productivity level. Operates with sense of urgency, efficiency, effectiveness and determination over extended periods of time
- Strives to understand the details. Solid planning, detail oriented and organization skills
- Presents ideas effectively, actively listens, and works across functional boundaries
- Can work in group or alone; oriented towards teamwork and the goals of the farm
- Ability to effectively document seeding, transplanting or harvesting activity accurately
- Maintains stable and professional performance under pressure or opposition
- Ability to effectively take direction and implement changes quickly
- Humble, teachable, team-player who is enthusiastic and hard-working
- Ability to lift 30 pounds and at times work in refrigerated environment
- 1 year experience working in a greenhouse, or production environment preferred
Plenty is a new kind of farm for a new kind of world. We’re on a mission to bring fresh, local produce to communities everywhere in a way that’s better for the environment by using 1% of the water, 1% of the land, and none of the synthetic pesticides or fertilizers of conventional agriculture. Our local field-scale indoor farms are creating a healthier, more delicious and sustainable future.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.