Website Bowery Farming
About the job
At Bowery Farming, we dream of a world where agriculture gives back to the people and the planet more than it takes. But to achieve this, we need more than incremental change. We need to reimagine farming from the ground up. Every day, Bowery’s purpose-driven team works toward this mission. Right outside of cities, we build indoor farms that grow wildly flavorful produce that’s defiantly free from pollutants, all while using less finite resources like space and water. Our smart farms are powered by our proprietary farm operating system, BoweryOS, creating a simplified, agile food system that’s focused on flavor, freshness, and safety. At Bowery, we’re farming efficiently so we can feed effectively, democratizing access to fresh, local food in our communities.
Bowery is seeking a dynamic Farm Build Project Leader to support the fast paced launch of our high tech farms. Bowery’s farms are highly complex and offer customizable operations that grow, process, package and sell fresh produce utilizing high degrees of automation, precision agricultural techniques, and food safe operational processes. You’ll lead large, complex farm build and launch projects including the ability to effectively manage, influence and negotiate with external/internal business partners in order to meet organizational capacity demands. You will lead the cross functional business team required to launch new farms that meet the business needs (capacity / customer fulfillment, quality, safety, yield and cost effectiveness) whilst achieving timelines, staying within budget, driving standardization and consistency within our network. You will report to our VP of Build and Launch and will drive various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization. This role is based in Bowery’s headquarters in New York City and will require travel to our farms in NJ, MD and beyond.
What You’ll Do
- Accountable for the overall integrated business delivery of assigned new farm build and launch through to market delivery of product.
- Coordinates with the team that executes all business, HR, technical, fiscal and administrative functions of the assigned farm launch projects
- Work with your peers across the business to balance various priorities and achieve the best overall results
- Communication across the company, which would include Farm Operations, Farm Design, Science & Tech, Safety, Supply Chain, Finance, Commercial, Marketing, HR as well as Vendors and General Contractors will be crucial
- Supports & Leads while acting as the company representative with vendors and suppliers during project execution
- Responsible for the overall project schedule that enables the teams to be successful based upon the project milestones and launch day.
- Monitors and reports on the progress of all project activity within the project including significant milestones and any conditions which would affect project cost or schedule
Who You Are
- You have experience leading and interacting with cross-functional teams
- You have experience managing large capital projects and aggressive schedule commitments.
- You have experience in a manufacturing and / or distribution environment including experience in complex project management, budgets and implementation with proven ability to design workable solutions and drive projects to successful implementation
- You have a passion for getting the best quality goods to the final customers (you treat each leaf of lettuce like it’s going in your own salad)
- Seeing the big picture & thinking strategically is a strength, but you are also able to execute and implement ideas
- You are detail, action-oriented and you are energized by environments where there are always more problems to solve and systems to improve than time to do it
- You have a bias for customer orientation and are comfortable with ambiguity and adaptable when plans change
- You’re able to build quick rapport & trust-based partnerships internally & externally with all teammates, vendors, and partners
Who We Are
- Bowery is a place where everyone is welcome, included and empowered to reach their full potential
- We live our shared values every day in both big and small ways: opt-in, think wildly different, break barriers together & be kind to the core
- We are a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists and activators
- We share a passion for giving back more to the planet than we take, growing deliciously abundant food without abundant harm
- We are excited to hear from you!
Bowery’s headquarters is based in Manhattan. We have two farms in Kearny, New Jersey. One farm is focused on Research & Development, the other services retailers and community partners in the Tri-State area. Our third farm is located in Nottingham, Maryland, feeding the Mid-Atlantic region. Bowery Farming products are sold at hundreds of retailers, including Whole Foods Market, Giant Food, Stop & Shop, Walmart and specialty grocers, along with online partners like Amazon Fresh, Hungryroot, Peapod and restaurants, including Sweetgreen. Based in New York City, the company has raised over $172.5 million from leading investors, including Temasek, GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, and Henry Kravis, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including David Barber of Blue Hill, Tom Colicchio, and José Andres.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.