Website Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT
- 3-6 years of experience in orchard or permanent crop related field
- Permanent crop experience required
- Aptitude and understanding of crop programs and the ability to implement programs, including irrigation, fertility, pest control, and soil amendments
- Strong communication, organizational skills and team-working skills
- Must be able to troubleshoot equipment/process problems and propose solutions. Problem-solving skills are essential to this position
- Five to seven years of larger-scale crop experience
- Necessary to have basic understanding of safety programs
- Good diagnostic and decision-making skills
- Prefer experienced hands-on maintenance mechanic/anything major goes to town
- Required to know maintenance and general repairs- Ag equipment, heavy equipment and small engine background
- Facility maintenance and upkeep
- Experience ordering parts and maintaining inventory of parts and supplies
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is searching for Farm Assistant for this nut orchard in west-central Oregon. Need person who will be responsible for maintenance, repair, and operation of all applicable equipment involved in nut orchard planting and harvest, and overall equipment, facility and property maintenance. Operation is growing, so will assist in planting and other crop production processes. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to equipment, building, and property maintenance, and other duties as assigned. Duties as a Farm Assistant will include but are not limited to: 1. Equipment monitoring, repair and maintenance of mobile equipment including tractors, trucks, tractor trailers, skid steer loaders, payloaders, and other vehicles. May need to work on all other farm and excavation equipment. Responsible for insuring that all mechanical failures on mobile equipment are properly assigned for repair. Provide instruction and training to less experienced staff in the safe operation and maintenance of all farm equipment. 2. Work together with Manager in parts inventory control, maintenance, cleaning, and operation of all equipment for planting and harvest. Building and property maintenance. Vehicles operated include all farm equipment, payloaders, skidsteer loaders and road tractors and trailers (for CDL-A licensed operators).
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.