Website Green Food Solutions
Green Food Solutions believes that we need a new food system. We are an urban farming company empowering a new local food system in many unique ways. We provide free planning and design services to support people to start their own vertical farms and gardens. We sell urban farming and gardening equipment that helps people grow plants and mushrooms both vertically, indoors, and on rooftops. We offer a farm service to our farm amenities clients where we grow food for hyper local communities living in NYC residential and commercial buildings. We develop and deliver training resources and materials to serve the growing local food movement and help others start farms and gardens as an Amenity in their cities. We envision a future where cities are flooded with urban farms and gardens proving freshly harvested, nutrient dense, and sustainable food to urban residents. People have a say in what is being grown, and they know their urban farmer.
About the Farm Amenity Manager
Green Food Solutions is looking for someone who will carry out all tasks related to our Farm Amenity management. You will maintain and develop our Farm Services and will be responsible for managing our 2 established Farm Amenity farms (one in Brooklyn and one in Manhattan), as well as, 3 upcoming Farm Amenity locations in the NYC metro area in 2021. You will also be integral to developing our training and resources platform and will be expected to be able to take your work and communicate it effectively through our educational materials. This is a mid-level part time position to start, and will become full time during the outdoor growing season, with plenty of opportunities to grow within the company.
- Develop, implement and follow farm planning and crop scheduling for our Farm Amenity locations
- Seed, transplant, harvest, and package produce you grow at our Farm Amenity locations
- Maintaining the integrity and cleanliness of the hydroponic systems, equipment and tools on the farm. This includes proper maintenance of vertical hydroponic farming equipment and irrigation system.
- Conduct hydroponic solution quality tests
- Enjoy work in both indoor and outdoor environments (we manage both rooftop farms and indoor gardens)
- Pest inspections and management using IPM
- Order and maintain inventory of farm supplies.
- Record and manage data regarding the number of plants seeded, transplanted, and harvested on a weekly basis.
- Record and manage data on plant health, water quality, and nutrient levels.
- Create Standard Operating Procedures and record your work
- Complete orders for our seedling business, where we ship out nursery seedling plants to customers across the U.S.
- Interface with Amenity partner companies to schedule and host monthly events both in person and virtually, depending on the future state of the pandemic climate.
- Available during farm visits to answer amenity member’s questions about planting and horticulture
- Conduct orientations, tours, and trainings for certain amenity locations
- Take pictures and video, while making Farm Service stops, for social media and other marketing materials
- Switch back and forth between farming activities and interfacing with Farm Amenity members to provide an excellent customer service experience
- Work with volunteers and Farm Amenity members on farming activities
- At least 5 years of experience in the urban agriculture, horticulture, and/or CEA industry
- At least 2 years of experience working with hydroponic equipment
- Strong familiarity with event, social, and community programming
- Ability to work independently, and retain open communication with GFS team, amenity partners, and amenity members
- Commitment to customer service
- Proficiency in Google Drive tools
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling
- Lots of delicious fresh produce grown by you
- Opportunity for growth within the company
- Opportunity for commissions on Farming equipment sales generated by you
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.