Website Bowery Farming
About the job
At Bowery Farming, we dream of a world where agriculture gives back to the people and the planet more than it takes. But to achieve this, we need more than incremental change. We need to reimagine farming from the ground up. Every day, Bowery’s purpose-driven team works toward this mission. Right outside of cities, we build indoor farms that grow wildly flavorful produce that’s defiantly free from pollutants, all while using less finite resources like space and water. Our smart farms are powered by our proprietary farm operating system, BoweryOS, creating a simplified, agile food system that’s focused on flavor, freshness, and safety. At Bowery, we’re farming efficiently so we can feed effectively, democratizing access to fresh, local food in our communities.
About The Role
We are looking for an innovative and systems-oriented Facilities Designer to join our growing Farm Design team. In this role, you will work with our team of talented engineers and scientists in the design and development of physical systems and facilities for all current and future indoor farms. A successful candidate will have the ability to operate within a face paced, ambiguous environment by leveraging their demonstrated background in Computer Aided Design and Development and process design. Bowery encourages innovation and expects our team members to take ownership in helping solve complex problems.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare design drawings and construction documents per relevant industry codes, regulations and standards
- Design optimal solutions to aid in equipment specification, material flow, process design, site layout, and intellectual property considerations
- Simultaneously manage multiple high visibility projects and tasks while effectively influencing, negotiating, and communicating with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors
- Collaborate with internal teams (design and automation engineers, supply chain, sales, agricultural science, operations, etc) and external vendors to generate high quality, cost effective solutions
Who You Are
- You have experience in Technical/Facilities Design or related experience in Design, Innovation, Manufacturing, Process Engineering, Industrial Engineering
- You have demonstrated experience working in AutoCAD
- You have experience preparing and coordinating technical documentation (engineering drawings, specifications, statements of work)
- You have experience with process design and process/material/information flow best practices
- You have an understanding of building facility Capacity/Throughput models
- You are a strong collaborator with cross-functional project management experience
Bowery’s headquarters is based in Manhattan. We have two farms in Kearny, New Jersey. One farm is focused on Research & Development, the other services retailers and community partners in the Tri-State area. Our third farm is located in Nottingham, Maryland, feeding the Mid-Atlantic region. Bowery Farming products are sold at hundreds of retailers, including Whole Foods Market, Giant Food, Stop & Shop, Walmart and specialty grocers, along with online partners like Amazon Fresh, Hungryroot, Peapod and restaurants, including Sweetgreen. Based in New York City, the company has raised over $172.5 million from leading investors, including Temasek, GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, and Henry Kravis, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including David Barber of Blue Hill, Tom Colicchio, and José Andres.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.