About the job
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application
Headquartered in Orlando, FL, Kalera is a science and technology-driven company dedicated to growing the very best possible produce; it is smart horticulture at its best. As technology leaders in urban vertical farming, Kalera focuses on clean, safe, healthy, tasty greens and on the efficiencies of growing locally in controlled environments.
Founded in 2010, Kalera has, over several years, perfected unique hydroponic growing methods combining optimized nutrients and light recipes, precise environmental controls, and clean room standards to produce safe, highly nutritious, pesticide-free, non-GMO vegetables with consistent high quality and longer shelf life year-round. With indoor facilities situated right where the demand is, Kalera is able to supply an abundance of produce locally, eliminating the need for long distance shipping. This means Kalera can ensure the highest quality and freshness by delivering product to customers within hours of harvest year-round. Kalera’s plants grow while consuming 95% less water compared to field farming.
Kalera has recently opened a new state-of-the-art growing facility in Orlando, FL. With an annual output of over five million heads of lettuce per year, this new facility is the highest production volume vertical farm in the Southeast US. The rapidly constructed facility also demonstrates Kalera’s ability to quickly build and open farms around the US and internationally. Having recently announced new facilities in Atlanta, Houston, and Denver to open in 2021, Kalera has aggressive near-term expansion plans both domestically and internationally.
For more information please visit www.kalera.com, along with supplemental media coverage:
- Kalera film
- Global Newswire article – Kalera opens new vertical farming facility in Orlando
- Forbes article – farm of the future
- Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue Visits Kalera
- Orlando Sentinel Article
The Executive Assistant to the CEO reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and will also
support other C-suite executives, as necessary.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support to the CEO and occasionally assists the other members of the C-suite. With confidentiality, discretion, and professionalism paramount, the Executive Assistant will often serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies and must always present and positively represent the company and the CEO at all times to those they interact with. The Executive Assistant serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings, and attend events when requested.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and office while always reflecting a positive image of for the company and the CEO.
- Work with and maintain a high volume of confidential information/documents pertaining to the operations of the firm, financial aspects of the firm, and matters addressed by the CEO.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with board members, suppliers, employees, and customers.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep then well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately to ensure timeliness and punctuality. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated.
- Ensures all details of meetings and engagements are planned and executed including setup, delivery, cleanup, etc.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the CEO, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Serving as the company’s receptionist, often acts as the “face of the company” as the first point of contact for receiving guests, customers, suppliers, shareholders, board members, etc.
- Answer, screen, and route a phone calls and assist callers with their inquiries as appropriate
- Prepare packages to be shipped including the proper project number and deliver packages to
on-site FedEx drop-off locations if necessary.
- Prepare and facilitate activities such as team meetings, events, social gatherings, etc.
- Assist other members of Executive Management, as needed.
- Perform other duties, as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong verbal and written and communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Maintain confidentiality and positivity at all times
- Excellent diplomacy skills
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the role to support the CEO’s
schedule which may be subject to evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Occasional availability to travel to multiple site locations around the country and the
Excellent benefits package that includes competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Kalera, Inc. all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.