AeroFarms is building a brand-new state-of-the-art facility in Newark, NJ to serve the NY Metro area. The facility will be the world’s largest indoor vertical farm for leafy greens and herbs. To support substantial interest from national retailers, AeroFarms also plans a significant scaling of the business, including facilities in other cities and countries soon. The company is dedicated to enabling local production at a commercial scale in markets throughout the world.
We are looking for an experienced and talented individual to be the Engineering Technición for AeroFarmsâ€™ new growing and packaging facility for RTE leafy greens in Newark, New Jersey. In this role, you will report directly to the Engineering Project Manager.
As the Engineering Technición, you will be responsible for building one-of-a-kind prototypes based on designs, drawings, and instructions from the Engineering Project Manager. The chosen candidate will be responsible for construction, troubleshooting, testing, and commissioning of the systems in addition to working on other capital projects under the direction of a Project Manager.
- Build prototypes from drawings, sketches, specifications, and instructions from the engineer.
- Assists in the construction of mechanical, plumbing, and HVAC system and equipment.
- Evaluate the constructability of the design and makes recommendations to improve.
- Regularly inspects work to ensure compliance with drawings and specifications.
- Provides suggestions for ways to improve designs, operations, and maintenance of systems.
- Collects and records data to ensure components and systems perform according to the specifications.
- Works in compliance with all company food Safety Policies and procedures.
- Runs tests on products and equipment to ensure they function properly.
- Maintains records and files of all completed engineering work.
- Conducts regular maintenance of products and equipment.
- Orders materials, parts, equipment, and tools as needed.
- Plans work activities to complete tasks within required schedule dates.
- Maintains a well-organized, clean, and safe workplace.
- Works in compliance with all company safety policies and procedures.
- Supports other engineering projects as directed.
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree in Engineering Technology
- 2 years experience minimum in a manufacturing or construction environment.
- Ability to understand and interpret engineering terminology and read blueprints.
- Possesses a variety of construction and fabrications skills.
- Strong knowledge and experience using hand and power tools including but not limited to a band saw, chop saw, impact drill, handheld grinder
- Strong knowledge and experience using Material Handling equipment (forklift, pallet jack) and scissor lifts.
- Knowledge of mechanical, plumbing, and HVAC systems.
- Strong analytical thinking, problem-solving skills, and an aptitude for detail.
- Works well on a team.
- Pays close attention to detail.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Ability to receive deliveries and validate shipping versus received quantities.
- Physical requirements to work on projects may include lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Site visits may require the ability to climb stairs, walk long distances (more than 100 yards), and stooping, kneeling, or bending for extended periods.
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.