Website Sensei Ag
About the job
About Sensei Ag
Sensei Ag is a market-changing AgTech company aiming to solve global gaps and inconsistencies in nutrition, food safety, and food security through the transformative power of data. Guided by the capabilities and insights of our founders, technology entrepreneur Larry Ellison and Dr. David Agus, we design, develop and deploy cutting-edge agricultural technologies to build a better, more stable food supply that is capable of feeding our entire world nutritionally-relevant, delicious, affordable meals.
Everything we do is evidence-led, radically transparent, always enriching.
You can read our story here or see some recent press: Business Wire, Condé Nast Traveler
The Controlled Environment Agriculture (CEA) sector is undergoing significant growth and technological advancement to answer worldwide food supply and agricultural sustainability challenges. Availability and cost of power and utilities are key challenges in CEA and require adopting integrated strategies for more efficient methods to optimize energy supply, generation, storage, and usage.
Reporting to the Director of Design Engineering, the incumbent will directly contribute to the analysis, proposal, and implementation of tailored energy and utilities solutions for various new and retrofit CEA sites in North America and beyond. Electrical Power load requirements for these high-tech CEA sites vary between 1 MW and 30 MW. Water and wastewater, natural gas, and CO2 are also part of the tailored utilities optimization strategy Sensei Ag is seeking for its high-paced new sites development.
The position will begin as remote but will possibly need to relocate to the West Coast (USA or Canada) if required in the future.
- Propose and analyze optimal energy strategies based on site-specific regulatory and business environments.
- Participate in the company’s Technological Roadmap development regarding Energy solutions.
- Develop technical and cost analysis models to support corporate decisions related to power and utilities.
- Engage with consultants, contractors, vendors, and local utilities providers to assess and define options for a given site.
- Leverage distinct technologies and integration solutions to create sustainable and efficient power supply and utilities strategies tailored to various locations.
- Perform various design, engineering, project management, technical support, and presentation tasks related to Energy and Utilities.
- Provide Water optimization alternatives for water usage and water recycling.
- Travel to site locations when needed
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Engineering – electrical, mechanical, or energy
- Knowledge and experience with:
- Electrical Utilities
- Smart grid
- Solar Power
- Power distribution design
- Power storage, batteries
- Chiller technologies
- Geothermal heat pumps
- Boilers, Generators
- Cogeneration plants
- Biomass reactors
- Emergency backup, UPS
- Power management, load shedding
- Natural Gas, CO2
- Water and wastewater systems
- Experience with regulations and financial analysis of alternatives
- Ability to identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for a fast-growing company.
- Ability to work independently, manage small engagements or parts of large engagements.
- Understanding of the evolving Power and Utility landscape and its solutions to lean towards sustainability and net-zero carbon footprint.
- Geared to deliver quantitative decision-making analytical models.
Preferred Skills, Abilities, And Qualifications
- Passionate about corporate and environmental sustainability through energy efficiency.
- Ability to work autonomously but collaborate when needed
- Task-oriented, but with exceptional interpersonal skills to work with the people around them
- Highly motivated, organized, self-disciplined, and exhibits professionalism
- Strong emotional intelligence with the ability to be empathetic with their team members and other external parties
- Adaptable to any unexpected changes
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
Traits We Value
- Appreciation for transforming health and the future of food
- Smart, not arrogant
- Humble and hardworking
- Entrepreneurial, not risk averse
- Kind and genuine
- Grit and lots of it
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k and FSA plans
- Cell phone bill reimbursement
- Flexible PTO, vacation days and paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.