The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do that. We are an ag-tech company looking for an Electrical Engineer to assist the engineering team in designing lighting systems and control equipment, and who will bring a focus on safety, fundamentals of engineering, and complete, robust documentation to the process. In this role you will be responsible for the design of lights and control systems for use in our vertical farms. The electrical engineering team at Plenty is small, and as such this role will be very fast-paced and hands-on. You will work with cross discipline teams, including electrical, mechanical, and plant science members to understand specifications, develop designs, and control and communication circuitry to reach operational metrics for our farms.
What You’ll Do
- Work with senior and principal engineers to develop requirements and specifications for advanced lights and control systems.
- Evaluate and select LEDs from a variety of suppliers and integrate into printed circuit board designs to reach spectrum, efficiency, cost, and lifetime requirements.
- Work cross functionally to select and/or develop circuitry and systems from concept through deployment in production spaces.
- Document designs for mass production.
- Validate designs meet requirements through a combination of calculation, simulation, and testing and document results.
- Perform diagnosis and repair of issues with existing and new lighting equipment and control systems in production and research environments.
- Perform failure analysis with guidance from senior engineers and help recommend improvements for future development.
- Frequently moves test equipment, prototype assemblies, and other equipment weighing up to 25 lbs to support the tasks listed above.
What We’re Looking For
- 2+ years of industry experience, designing power, analog, or mixed signal circuitry.
- Experience working with high voltage, automated testing, Altium Schematic and PCB design, Spice simulation, and Python programming or similar systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills backed by strong analytical skills
- The ability to lift equipment and assemblies weighing up to 25 pound to a height of 3-4 feet and move them to different areas of the workspace.
- Embedded systems experience a plus.
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that’s better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.
- Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing
- Computer Software
- Food Production
- Information Technology
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.