Website Goodwill Industries of Middle Georgia and the CSRA
Goodwill Industries of Middle Georgia and the CSRA
Director of Human Resources
Goodwill Industries of Middle Georgia and the CSRA (GIMG) seeks a Director of Human Resources to provide senior leadership of the human resources department of GIMG’s Augusta region. This leader will also oversee the administration and governance of the GIMG 401(k) and health benefit plans for an 800 employee autonomous Goodwill organization serving 35 counties in Georgia and South Carolina. GIMG is a growing $50 million charity that operates a career college (www.helms.edu) and numerous applied learning social enterprises (www.edgarshospitality.com). Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, the Director of Human Resources (DHR) will execute human resource strategy which aligns with the business goals in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of GIMG. (www.goodwillworks.org/2020).
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business, human resources or related field with SPHR or SHRM-SCP professional designation. Graduate degree preferred.
- Deep understanding of benefits related laws and regulations including FMLA, HIPAA, ERISA and ACA.
- Subject matter expert in both health and retirement benefits.
- Prior experience with HRIS systems and reporting software.
- Training and knowledge in the areas of selection and placement, compensation, employee relations, and training and development.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws and regulations and recommended best practices.
- Strong organizational and project management skills. Must be able to manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with a wide range of diverse individuals.
- Evidence of the practice of maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Five or more years of progressively responsible human resources leadership experience.
In addition to a competitive base salary, Goodwill offers a robust benefit package which includes a 100% matching 401k plan, major medical, dental and vision insurance, paid personal time off and paid holidays and tuition assistance.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.