Deputy Chief of Party, Ghana
ACDI/VOCA is seeking experienced Deputy Chiefs of Party for upcoming USAID funded agriculture and agribusiness activities in Ghana.
- Serve as principal point of contact in Ghana for procedural and substantive matters in the absence of the COP.
- Support the development of strategic plans, annual and quarterly work plans, and other deliverables in line with USAID guidelines to achieve objectives.
- Support the development of strong M&E mechanisms, program monitoring tools and efficient systems to ensure high quality implementation.
- Represent ACDI/VOCA with partners and key stakeholders, maintain positive relationships with USAID, local authorities, and the country office team.
- Provide leadership in identifying inclusive market development opportunities, understanding evolving market and food system trends, conducting targeted research on new/potential market channels, business models, or partnerships.
- Identify and effectively manage all key risks related to the program, including compliance with donor transparency and due diligence requirements.
- Ensure approaches that promote gender equality, youth engagement, and social inclusion are integrated into programming and effectively implemented; regularly identify and apply learning, refining approaches as needed to close gender gaps and promote social inclusion across project activities and within the market system.
- Ensure that synergies among Activity elements and grantees are capitalized upon.
- Ensure that the Activity focus remains on achieving results.
- Manage an effective monitoring and reporting system.
- Master’s degree in agriculture, economics, or business administration from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience of relevant, progressively responsible management experience, and a proven track record of implementing and/or managing agricultural and/or agribusiness development activities.
- Possess a combination of technical familiarity and management skills that spans the subject areas covered by the activities.
- Understanding of market systems frameworks and facilitation strategies and experience designing inclusive market system intervention strategies.
- Proven ability to work with and motivate private- and public-sector actors.
- Analytical skills, including ability to gather and analyze a variety of information pertaining to issues and to develop appropriate recommendations for action.
- Experience effectively supporting the integration of gender equality, youth engagement, and social inclusion in development projects, particularly with a focus on agriculture and market systems
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical assistance and advisory services to a range of financial service providers.
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills in English.
Ghanaian nationals are highly encouraged to apply.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.