Deputy Chief of Party, Ghana
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Deputy Chief of Party, Ghana
ACDI/VOCA is seeking experienced Deputy Chiefs of Party for upcoming USAID funded agriculture and agribusiness activities in Ghana.
- Serve as principal point of contact in Ghana for procedural and substantive matters in the absence of the COP.
- Support the development of strategic plans, annual and quarterly work plans, and other deliverables in line with USAID guidelines to achieve objectives.
- Support the development of strong M&E mechanisms, program monitoring tools and efficient systems to ensure high quality implementation.
- Represent ACDI/VOCA with partners and key stakeholders, maintain positive relationships with USAID, local authorities, and the country office team.
- Provide leadership in identifying inclusive market development opportunities, understanding evolving market and food system trends, conducting targeted research on new/potential market channels, business models, or partnerships.
- Identify and effectively manage all key risks related to the program, including compliance with donor transparency and due diligence requirements.
- Ensure approaches that promote gender equality, youth engagement, and social inclusion are integrated into programming and effectively implemented; regularly identify and apply learning, refining approaches as needed to close gender gaps and promote social inclusion across project activities and within the market system.
- Ensure that synergies among Activity elements and grantees are capitalized upon.
- Ensure that the Activity focus remains on achieving results.
- Manage an effective monitoring and reporting system.
- Master’s degree in agriculture, economics, or business administration from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience of relevant, progressively responsible management experience, and a proven track record of implementing and/or managing agricultural and/or agribusiness development activities.
- Possess a combination of technical familiarity and management skills that spans the subject areas covered by the activities.
- Understanding of market systems frameworks and facilitation strategies and experience designing inclusive market system intervention strategies.
- Proven ability to work with and motivate private- and public-sector actors.
- Analytical skills, including ability to gather and analyze a variety of information pertaining to issues and to develop appropriate recommendations for action.
- Experience effectively supporting the integration of gender equality, youth engagement, and social inclusion in development projects, particularly with a focus on agriculture and market systems
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical assistance and advisory services to a range of financial service providers.
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills in English.
Ghanaian nationals are highly encouraged to apply.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.