Frontier Cooperative is rooted in over 100 years of serving our agricultural community. Today, we have grown to 50 locations with over 400 employees during peak season. We are full-service cooperative providing agronomy services, grain, energy, and feed. Frontier provides a positive and unique experience hard to find elsewhere. The “Frontier experience” which is a customer-first focus is ingrained in how we operate and interact with our growers. We strive to be the leader in digital trends, operations, safety, and people engagement.
We’re offering an exciting career opportunity as a full-time, year-round Custom Applicator for our Genoa, NE location. In this role, you would operate sprayers and machinery to apply dry/liquid products to our customer’s fields. You would be mainly operating equipment ensuring accurate rates of applied products and occasionally interacting with customers in the field. Your professionalism, accuracy, and careful attention to detail is key to our long-term success with our growers. This role has the opportunity to grow into a sales role or operations lead role within Frontier.
- Our ideal candidate brings prior farm or heavy equipment operator experience
- Professional communication and flexibility working in a fast-paced environment where priorities can change quickly
- Willingness to work extended hours during peak season; approximately 800 hours of overtime per year
- Willingness to obtain a commercial applicator license and a CDL Class A or B with Hazmat and Tanker Endorsement
- Basic mechanical ability to perform light preventative maintenance and upkeep of your dedicated equipment
We offer competitive compensation and bonus structure along with medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSA), voluntary dental, voluntary vision 401K, paid time off, holiday pay, and coop retirement. We also offer a culture where safety is first!
- What you would be doing precisely blend and apply fertilizers and crop protection based on prescribed rates and label recommendations.
- Calculate quantity needed and interact with tanker driver
- Adjust hoses, nozzles, and tubes depending on conditions and product
- Complete applicator logs
- Perform preventative maintenance on the sprayer and ensure nozzles and hoses are working properly
- Thoroughly clean out sprayer in between applications
- Be the eyes in the field interacting with the Crop Advisor on that account for any issues you see in the field
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.