Cooling and Air Conditioning Expert
Website ENGIE Lab Singapore
ENGIE is a global energy and services group, focusing on three core activities: low-carbon power generation, global networks and customer solutions. Driven by its ambition to contribute to a harmonious progress, ENGIE take up major global challenges such as the fight against global warming, access to energy to all, or mobility, and offer our residential customers, businesses and communities energy production solutions and services that reconcile individual and collective interests.
ENGIE Lab Singapore is the research centre of ENGIE for Asia-Pacific. ENGIE Lab Singapore brings the technical expertise of ENGIE Research in APAC by developing local expertise leveraging on ENGIE Research networks and allowing access in the region to all the technical expertise developed by ENGIE Research in Europe. Bridging the gap between ENGIE Research and business units ENGIE Lab Singapore play a key coordinator/local technical support role in balancing the R&D effort and the business needs for the Group.
Based in Singapore since 2015 ENGIE Lab Singapore primarily addressed 3 technological areas: Smart-Grid, Future Industries and Cities & New Gases. In 2020 the Lab refocused its strategy to stay in line with group strategy and local context and strengthen its expertise in cooling, sustainable data center, vertical farming and local energy communities including REIDS-SPORE multifluid multi-thematic platform.
Within the R&D team you will be responsible for execution of various research projects/tasks. As HVAC expert you will be involved mostly in the Cooling Program and the Key Program Sustainable Data Center which are 2 of the 3 new focus in ENGIE Lab Singapore for the years to come. You will help the team to master and demonstrate innovative and low-carbon technologies for ENGIE’s core businesses.
The position requires you to:
- Participate in all the programs of the Lab that require HVAC and Cooling competencies;
- Take part in the development of new products and systems all along the value chain (from the concept idea to the POC);
- Bring your expertise to support other developments (e.g. digital tools, systems modelling…);
- Take part in R&D projects with other research centres within ENGIE, local academics and industrial and/or research partners;
- Provide services to local entities of ENGIE and external customers;
- Perform benchmark, technical & economic analysis and testing of innovative solutions;
- Do techno watch to identify innovations and new solutions/technologies;
- Report on a weekly basis to your manager.
You will also take part in the business development by helping the team to find new opportunities.
- You are Expert in HVAC and Refrigeration systems with at least 10 years of experience; with fundamental knowledge on conventional air-conditioning system (DX/split system, chilled water plant) and district cooling system;
- Knowledge on emerging/innovative cooling solutions such as passive/evaporative/radiative cooling, thermal energy storage, phase change materials etc. is an added advantage;
- You have a Master or PhD in Process, HVAC or Mechanical Engineering or other engineering related areas;
- ou have a strong in knowledge of industrial refrigeration installations and HVAC systems;
- Skills in AI and data analysis are added advantage;
- You are familiar with modelling and simulation software;
- You are fluent in English. French speaker is an added advantage.
- Good analytical and critical skills to work on quantitative/engineering problems;
- Adaptable and able to support a wide spectrum of topics/activities as necessary;
- Open and passionate about new technologies and innovations in energy sector;
- Customer oriented and able to establish link between R&D, innovations and applications in business;
- Comfortable to work on sites;
- Excellent team player with good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) to function effectively in a multi-cultural environment;
- Positive and solution-oriented attitude with problem solving skills and a ‘can do’ approach;
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Organised, high attention to detail and accuracy;
- Able to handle multiple assignments without losing oversight in a timely manner;
- May require travel in South East Asia region.
ENGIE Lab Singapore offers you
- An exciting career in a leading research centre, with great opportunities within ENGIE Group to participate actively in the transition towards a carbon-neutral world;
- Interactions with many entities of ENGIE at Corporate level and locally in APAC region;
- A flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow;
- A competitive salary.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.