Website BoweryFarming Bowery Farming
At Bowery Farming, we dream of a world where agriculture gives back to the people and the planet more than it takes. But to achieve this, we need more than incremental change. We need to reimagine farming from the ground up. Every day, Bowery’s purpose-driven team works toward this mission. Right outside of cities, we build indoor farms that grow wildly flavorful produce that’s defiantly free from pollutants, all while using less finite resources like space and water. Our smart farms are powered by our proprietary farm operating system, BoweryOS, creating a simplified, agile food system that’s focused on flavor, freshness, and safety. At Bowery, we’re farming efficiently so we can feed effectively, democratizing access to fresh, local food in our communities.
About The Role:
Bowery Farming is seeking a Maintenance Technician who will manage maintenance & facilities management operations in our indoor farm. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for driving and maintaining the overall function of our automation, lighting & irrigation systems, leading resolution of equipment emergencies. Unlike traditional Maintenance Technician roles, you’ll also be supported by Bowery’s proprietary farm management software, BoweryOS, which delivers unprecedented support in monitoring equipment performance and maintaining efficient operations. You will operate in a multidisciplinary environment with engineers, computer scientists, agricultural scientists, business operators and farm operations, and your work will meaningfully impact the evolution of the indoor agriculture industry. This role will be based at Bowery’s MD farming facility.
What You’ll Do:
- First responder for Grow Area systems/equipment, not limited to Fire Suppression Systems, HVAC, Electrical Distribution, Emergency Generator, Solar Panel (PV System), and Plumbing systems, networking, and general facility maintenance, responding to emergencies whether remotely or on site
- Monitor and Lead repairs to building & support equipment
- Troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, fire suppression, networking, and ancillary systems to a root cause and in house repair
- Document and maintain preventative maintenance logs as required by NFPA, OSHA, and local and federal authorities having jurisdiction
- Manage vendor service calls and on site service to ensure proper maintenance of Facility and Farm supporting equipment
- Document root cause analysis for emergency events causing interruption or downtime for farming operations to senior management
- Supervise and execute projects in the field using internal and external resources or vendors to assist in the kick off through completion of projects
- Other ad hoc projects and duties as assigned and directed
Who You Are:
- You have experience in electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems
- You are knowledgeable of procedures relating to Facility Management required
- You are capable of reading schematics, wiring diagrams, blueprints
- You have superior communication, customer service and interpersonal skills
- You are knowledgable of equipment, controls, and building automation maintenance.
- You know how to effectively accomplish tasks with little to no supervision
- You have a high level of motivation, initiative, and be a self-starter
- You have good attendance and punctuality
- You are able to work flexible schedule as required by operational demands
- You are knowledgeable of industry safety best practices and standards
- You are knowledgeable of NEC, OSHA, NFPA, DEP, DEC, HAZMAT, and SQF regulations
Nice to Have:
- Completion and certificate of formalized training from a trade school or an accredited institution on any of the following disciplines to be considered a Level 2 Technician:
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA N+
Bowery’s headquarters is based in Manhattan. We have two farms in Kearny, New Jersey. One farm is focused on Research & Development, the other services retailers and community partners in the Tri-State area. Our third farm is located in Nottingham, Maryland, feeding the Mid-Atlantic region. Bowery Farming products are sold at hundreds of retailers, including Whole Foods Market, Giant Food, Stop & Shop, Walmart and specialty grocers, along with online partners like Amazon Fresh, Hungryroot, Peapod and restaurants, including Sweetgreen. Based in New York City, the company has raised over $172.5 million from leading investors, including Temasek, GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, and Henry Kravis, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including David Barber of Blue Hill, Tom Colicchio, and José Andres.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.