Website iBio, Inc.
Just imagine what we can do together! We know great things happen when talent and opportunity cross paths. We are looking to hire exceptional people who have demonstrated track records of success. Our greatest scientific solution is bringing talented people together who have a passion for advancing plant-based biologics for our customers and the world.
Apply now for our Controller position!
MISSION OF THE POSITION
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as the iBio Controller. This position is responsible for safeguarding the assets of the company and for all required financial reporting. The Controller will be the subject matter expert on SEC regulations and provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act that apply to iBio as a publicly traded company.
This position ensures the effectiveness of the financial control environment and also the accounting policies, processes and procedures of the organization. This position will ensure that the accounting for all transactions is performed in an accurate, efficient and timely manner in conformity with GAAP. The Controller will work cross-functionally with leaders, including in operations, and reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilites
- All accounting operations and full cycle transactional responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Cash Management
- Accounts Receivables / Customer Maintenance
- Fixed Assets
- Capital Leasing
- Accounts Payable / Vendor Maintenance
- Purchasing and Requisitioning
- General Ledger / Chart of Accounts / Journal Entries
- Revenue recognition in conformity with ASC 606
- Responsible for supervising and signing off on the semi-monthly payrolls for all employees
- Ownership over the monthly, quarterly and annual close cycle (close, consolidation and reporting), including the preparation or review of all supporting documentation, schedules, reconciliations and other requirements
- Has primary ownership of the annual audit and interim reviews, coordinates with outside auditors and manages internal resources to complete on an accurate and timely basis.
- Coordinates the timely filing of the Company tax returns prepared by outside tax advisors and ensures proper maintenance of accounting records and documentation in compliance with statutory requirements and Company policies.
- Directs the preparation and analysis of monthly financial statements for review by Company management
- Oversees company sub-contractors, consultants and vendors relative to invoices, purchase orders and certificates of insurance.
- Support the business and management with accurate cost accounting and department profit & loss statements
- Pricing, cost and other strategic modeling and analytics
- Perform other duties as assigned and / or required
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Collaborative team player
- High level verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to gather and analyze information skillfully
- Thorough and high attention to detail
- Expertise in accounting in accordance with GAAP
- Exemplary planning and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and senior finance management
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and train personnel
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- Master of Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting and Finance preferred
- CPA certification required
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in public accounting
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in the finance department of a publicly traded company
- Sarbanes-Oxley and understanding of SEC reporting requirements
- Experience with stock-based compensation and equity
- Experience in biotechnology / pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Working knowledge of SAP (FICO) preferred
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.