Website Sensei Ag
About the job
About Sensei Ag
Sensei Ag is a market-changing AgTech company aiming to solve global gaps and inconsistencies in nutrition, food safety, and food security through the transformative power of data. Guided by the capabilities and insights of our founders, technology entrepreneur Larry Ellison and Dr. David Agus, we design, develop and deploy cutting-edge agricultural technologies to build a better, more stable food supply that is capable of feeding our entire world nutritionally-relevant, delicious, affordable meals.
Everything we do is evidence-led, radically transparent, always enriching.
You can read our story here or see some recent press: Business Wire, Condé Nast Traveler
Sensei Ag is searching for a Commercial Collaboration and Germplasm Sourcing Lead to join our Plant Science division! This person will be responsible for developing product concepts for novel varieties of fruits and vegetables grown in innovative controlled environments for a global market. They will need to be highly collaborative as they will be aligning with R&D, commercial teams, and external calibrators to ensure appropriate product testing and development while also building partner and customer relationships and networks.
This position will be based in Northern California.
- Ensure business targets are aligned with product concepts and product development strategy
- Acquire elite germplasm for high priority crops and establish high-level testing criteria and metrics.
- Develop strong customer relationships and coordinate pre-commercial testing with farm operation teams.
- Develop shipping and packing strategy for expanding crop portfolio
- Negotiate deals with third-party companies or universities to in-license or acquire top tier germplasm and technology
- Create a portfolio assessment process to ensure appropriate seed product development and placement.
- Lead seed product launch strategies based on inventory and customer demand.
- Develop customer feedback tool on product performance.
- Collaborate with leadership to develop global strategies and initiatives
- 10+ years of experience in produce business, preferably in product development
- Experience with products grown in commercial controlled environments preferred
- Deep knowledge of the produce industry, including market trends and customer preferences
- Proven ability of working collaboratively in a cross-functional environment
- Demonstrated experience of agility in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Extensive relationship building and networking ability
Traits We Value
- Appreciation for transforming health and the future of food
- Loves a good challenge
- Resourceful and adaptable
- A strong sense of curiosity
- Embraces feedback and continually seeks to improve
- Collaborative and knows how to get things done as part of a team
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k and FSA plans
- Cell phone bill reimbursement
- Flexible PTO, vacation days and paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.