Website Goodwill Industries of Middle Georgia and the CSRA
Career Services Specialist
BASIC FUNCTION: Provides support to the Career Services team through facilitating access to support services, employment services, computer training and community resources for job seekers and the general public, as well as provide needed support to the Career Services teams in the Career Centers, Workforce Development and Goodwill Staffing Services.
This position may also provide specific career development, case management, vocational guidance, advocacy, training, interviewing, recruiting and oversight to persons with barriers to employment in accordance with the mission of Goodwill Industries of Middle Georgia and the CSRA and Career Services.
- Demonstrate core values of Goodwill Industries of Middle Georgia and the CSRA (GIMG) by modeling service, ownership, accountability and respect.
- Ensure that highest quality, individualized services are delivered to program participants with a focus on the mission of GIMG.
- Assist in career pathing program for all career center clients (end to end) – assessment, interview, career plan, and possible transfer to Helms College (HC), Goodwill Human Resources (HR), Goodwill Staffing Services (GSS), Workforce Development (WFD), and Helms Career Education (HCE) to help clients secure career advancement.
- Provide job seekers with access to the resources/assistance needed to successfully obtain or retain employment through job leads, career exploration, and volunteer and community services, and where appropriate, refer to openings within GSS.
- Ensure highest quality of service and information is provided to job seekers through seamless customer experience.
- Assist in ensuring operating plans are followed as they relate to the overall strategic plan, employment services and community economic development goals.
- Follow-up with job seekers to inquire about and track progress regarding job search/employment outcomes.
- Provide administrative support to designated staff or visitors.
- Assist in ensuring an adequate inventory of approved collateral material is available.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of program by identifying problem areas and suggesting positive solutions.
- Participate in internal and external audits.
- Participate in community and Goodwill meetings as needed or assigned.
- Foster and maintain quality relationships with community partners and local employers to promote growth, development and functionality of JC/HCE.
- Using internal and external resources, offer hands on assistance to job seeking individuals providing support required to successfully obtain/retain employment.
- Identify community resources regarding childcare, housing, transportation, tax benefits, etc. to aid job seekers in achieving a successful employment outcome.
- Assist with job leads and job boards are maintained as outlined in Job Leads process.
- Assist with job seeker information is timely entered into appropriate database or report and that job seeker information meets confidentiality requirements.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of reports as required ensuring information is entered in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist with new staff training regarding JC/HCE processes and procedures as well as Goodwill policies.
Exerience/ Knowledge/ Skills
- Experience in career services, job placement, recruitment, operations, and/or workforce development preferred.
- Experience working with under-served populations including but not limited to veterans, returning citizens, GED/non-high school graduates, persons with disabilities, senior citizens.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite and database systems.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to quickly adapt to change.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication agility with ability to flex to different audiences.
- Ability to interact in positive, motivational and supportive manner, providing guidance to job seekers with very diverse background.
- Able to work flexible hours and travel to multiple work locations as needed
Physical And Other Requirements
- The ability to sit for long periods of time.
- The ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- The ability to speak in a manner which can be easily understood.
- The ability to exercise independent judgment.
- The ability to concentrate.
- The ability to recommend solutions to identified problems.
- The ability to think and react calmly in emergency situations.
- The ability to work with others under stressful conditions.
EDUCATION: Associates degree preferred. Experience may be considered in lieu of education at discretion of GIMG & CSRA.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one year experience in career services, job placement, recruitment, operations, or workforce development preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.