Armenia- Food Drying Management
ACDI/VOCA is currently seeking a Food Dehydration Specialist for an upcoming volunteer assignment in Armenia. Volunteer assistance is requested to share drying techniques for fruit and vegetables without using sulfuric acid, practical knowledge of using solar energy or convective food dryers and specific knowledge of drying apricot, peach plum, fig, persimmon, apple, pear and tomatoes. The assignment will last for approximately 2-3 weeks in country, in addition to preparation and research previous to departure. Travel and living expenses are provided.
***As part of the Farmer-to-Farmer Consortium, this assignment is made possible through USAID funding. In accordance to USAID guidelines, any candidates submitted for consideration under this project must have a valid US passport or Green Card.***
- University degree in Agriculture, Food Technology or some other related topic.
- At least 5 years of experience dehydrating fruits and vegetables.
- Experience dehydrating most or all of the following apricot, peach, plum, fig, persimmon, apple, pear, tomato.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Word and Excel
- Available to travel Summer 2020
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.