Website iBio, Inc.
Just imagine what we can do together! We know great things happen when talent and opportunity cross paths. We are looking to hire exceptional people who have demonstrated track records of success. Our greatest scientific solution is bringing talented people together who have a passion for advancing plant-based biologics for our customers and the world.
Apply now for our Agronomy Technician II position!
MISSION OF THE POSITION
The Agronomy Technician II performs a variety of hydroponic plant production tasks and experiments. This position works with the Agronomy team to manage and maintain a healthy plant lifecycle and partners with manufacturing to ensure alignment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilites
- Produce hydroponic plant materials under controlled conditions in the Pilot Production Resource
- Seed, transplant, and manage plant lifecycle in pre-infiltration and post-infiltration environments
- Assist with managing seed stock and seed bank
- Maintain nutrient solution by preparing nutrient stocks and sample nutrient solution for proper fertility and pH levels
- Directly monitor and maintain irrigation delivery system, including but not limited to plumbing, pumps, irrigation controllers, valves, emitters and makes repairs as needed
- Perform tasks related to disease and pest prevention such as monitoring, sanitization, and data collection
- Handle the disposal of pilot plant production waste materials, including BSL-1 waste from genetically modified plant materials
- Perform support function for Agronomy Supervisor; adherence to standard operating procedures, batch record, and good documentation practices
- Assist the Production team in manufacturing activities as necessary
- Maintain effective working relationships with others
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to learn new techniques/skills in proficiency
- Working knowledge of hydroponics and plant nutrition and growth needs
- Must be skilled in keeping excellent scientific records, cGMP experience is a plus
- Ability to work independently; creative problem-solving is a plus
Education & Experience
- Associates degree with a minimum of two (2) years’ relevant greenhouse/ plant production experience; Or
- High School Diploma/GED with a minimum of four (4) years relevant greenhouse/plant production experience
- Experience in automation, particularly greenhouse automation technologies is a plus
- Experience and ability to work in warm, humid conditions
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.